Phase i complete

those 450s are a wild bike to ride.... have fun and be SAFE!!!!!!!!

they are dang near the busa of the dirt.
tounge.gif

Well I brought it home tonight, threw a leg over it and smiled..... I hit the electric start and vroooooom not a noise, very quiet... Its been raining all day here and the ground is a little soft... I started out of the garage in first and gave a little, (not even enough to really make it move) and the back tire started spinning on the sealed floors.... hmmmmmm I thought to myself thats interesting..... I pulled onto the grass and started towards the pasture, Im wearing a pair of jeans, tennis shoes, a t shirt and no eye protection or helmet..... Just as I am getting to the top of the first terrace (1st gear let me remind you, idling at this point about 5 mph) and I blip the throttle and up and over, over, over about 7 feet in the air later and my feet over my head in an accidental Nac Nac and I am suddenly putting the pieces together about the tire spinning in the garage.. I pull a gymnastic move I saw on the summer olympics and I get my ass back on the seat before I land and just stop the friggin bike.... The kids are at the garage yelling "go daddy go" I start off nice and slow again, smooth suspension no bumpy ride, I am amazed at the ride, so I decide to give it a little gas, things are good so I give a little more, then I notice the front wheel is not on the ground any more..... I go to second and the front comes back down I gas it in second front up, third, gas, front up.... I went down into the pond and came out the end where there is a little lip and I blip the throttle (completely forgetting my agile feet in the air move) and guess what, The bike goes up, I go up, the bike goes up I hang on, I pucker, I land smooth..... this friggin thing scares the hell out of me.... I rode a busa for years and was never this nervous... I rode dirtbikes the whole time I was a kid and I never never never rode anything as wicked and evil as the 450x

Now I cant sleep because Im thinking about biting it on the riding trip with my son and my best friend and his son tomorrow........ What have I done? I did pack extra tidy whities for the trip though.....

I figure that in about ummmmm 20 hours of riding it I will be looking for mods
rock.gif
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|captain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146279905 -->

rock.gif

WOW! Now I want one
laugh.gif
Been looking into starting up riding in the dirt with my boy. He's turning 6 next Sat. The wife isn't real happy with the idea but I've told her it will be a good thing that may save his life in the future riding streety bikes. Trying to find a bike for me as well. I'm not running after a 6yo on a dirt bike! Sounds like this 450X is just excessive enough to meet my needs. That should be able to keepn up to a 6 yo on a 50 right?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Right on Doug. Very cool words/story. You will be flying for weeks.

You've got yerself geared up right?

I've got some spares of certain peices.... teach the boyz right...wear all the gear you can get on.

Wahoooo.. good for you guys.... you are going to have a blast.

andy.

Well I survived the day, we went to the trails at dawns early light and found out the trails were closed because of the rain the night before.... We had 4 bikes on the trailer and we were riding somewhere.... we drove and hour and a half to Western Oklahahoma where we rode in fields and around a lake there... I am not nearly as scared as I was last night about riding Satan but I still have a healthy fear for what it can do... The suspension is great, I went off a few 12 foot jumps and the bike landed like I was drifting down to earth... The suspension is incredible... I am having a difficult time sorting out the power of the four stroke, I am so used to a two stroke and a power band... the 450 seems to have power all the time, just depends on how much you want and when......... Anyway its a great bike and just to make sure my son lined up against me on his 100 and we officially raced and he conceded my bike is faster straight line but he hasnt given up on the trails, he thinks he can still take me in the tight areas... Sounds like a zx10 rider doesnt it....
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
We put in about 35 miles and I am all tuckered out, took a nice shower and now Im going into a deep slumber...........

Cap

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Well I survived the day, we went to the trails at dawns early light and found out the trails were closed because of the rain the night before.... We had 4 bikes on the trailer and we were riding somewhere.... we drove and hour and a half to Western Oklahahoma where we rode in fields and around a lake there... I am not nearly as scared as I was last night about riding Satan but I still have a healthy fear for what it can do... The suspension is great, I went off a few 12 foot jumps and the bike landed like I was drifting down to earth... The suspension is incredible... I am having a difficult time sorting out the power of the four stroke, I am so used to a two stroke and a power band... the 450 seems to have power all the time, just depends on how much you want and when......... Anyway its a great bike and just to make sure my son lined up against me on his 100 and we officially raced and he conceded my bike is faster straight line but he hasnt given up on the trails, he thinks he can still take me in the tight areas... Sounds like a zx10  rider doesnt it....
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
    We put in about 35 miles and I am all tuckered out, took a nice shower and now Im going into a deep slumber...........

Cap
Sounds like a great time! Nice save on the riding area change. It's always good to have a "plan B". The four strokes do hook up better than the two strokes. Though, I still love my CR500.

Nothing like some hard hours on the trails/track to help with the nights sleep!
wink.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I told you guys a few weeks ago that my incredibly awesome wife told me I could get a dirtbike and busa.... Phase I was for me and my best friend to get our bikes so we could take our sons out riding on weekends.. I have been hunting for several weeks and I thought I had the answer.... Here is my rational for the bike I chose...... I explained this in great detail to my wife, she rolled her eyes and said "Please" just do what you want...

We initially looked at the Honda CRF230F and I sat on it and my fat butt squished the suspension.... I told my wife that for my safety I needed a bigger bike, hence the CRF250x... Then I showed her the headlight that I could use to safely get my son off the trails if we got caught late at night.. Then I showed her the tail light that would protect him from getting run over in the evening when I was behind him... The kickstand was to be able to quickly jump off the bike without throwing it on the ground or finding a tree.. This increased my response time in case something happenned and my son needed me..... She said whatever.... then I noticed that I could get the 450x for $700.00 more, twice the bike for a little more... Being financially responsible the 450x should retain the value and be easier to sale in case I needed to sell it.... So today I bought me a new Honda CRF450X and we head to the lake this weekend. There is a lake 30 miles from here with 36 miles of trails. I am told that you can ride all day and never see another rider.... My son is sooooooooooo excited..... Me to  
devil.gif
Congrats cap!
biggrin.gif

Back