Who has a contact for honda dealership

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone here have a good insider with a Honda dealership? I need to upgrade my oldest son's dirtbike and I'm looking for a deal.

Not sure exactly what I am going to get him, toss up between the CRF150 and a CR85

Your opinions?

He's amost 12
Been riding for over 2 years
VERY confident rider, we ride the tough trails.
Likes to do the jumps but we also ride tons of trails.....

CAp

My Dealer is Suzuki / Honda.

I'll ask for a best price on both models.

Figure he would want 100 or 2 profit on a bike that size.

Get him the 150 or you will be upgrading again soon.

I was on the old Suzuki TS 125's/ 185's at that age and went to a Bultaco 350 Alpina @ 14.

But that's apples and oranges, probably more snap in a 2007 4 stroke then the old 2 cylce smokers.

Cpt give Bartlesville Cycle Sport (ask for Randy-tell him Dawson told you to call him) 1 800 750 5357 or 918 336 3800

Also check out www.Bartlesvillecyclesports.com

Bought my last several bikes from them ! Hope they can help !  
super.gif

When I was that age my dad bumped me up too a cr80 from an xr80 it was just right i did about the same type of riding he will be doing i didn't out grow it til i was 14 then moved up to a cr125
my opinion is go with the 2 stroke CR85 its more hands on as far as up keep oiling filters mixing gas ect you get a good motorcycle education with those. also as his skills sharpen there easy to make go fast !

(TIMMYDUCK @ Jan. 19 2007,00:40) NO more mixing.

Honda "CR's" are CRF"s now. 4 strokes
didnt know that they dont make 2 stroke dirt bikes anymore ?

Cap,

If he can fit on a CRF150 big wheel (Expert), That is the only way to go. There are not many around. I was hearing $3820-$3950 this week. I have a friend that managed both OKC Honda shops for years. He still has contacts at several Honda shops. PM me for a name and number to hook you up with him. I know his contact in ADA had sold his BWs but had some of the little wheel versions. They order by the 1/4 now. Get one out of Texas and avoid sales tax (or at least you used to be able to)

(DaCol. @ Jan. 18 2007,23:32) Cpt give Bartlesville Cycle Sport (ask for Randy-tell him Dawson told you to call him) 1 800 750 5357 or 918 336 3800

Also check out www.Bartlesvillecyclesports.com

Bought my last several bikes from them ! Hope they can help !  
super.gif
My uncle is a Honda dealer. But we are a long way from you.

(Professor @ Jan. 19 2007,06:31) Cap,

If he can fit on a CRF150 big wheel (Expert), That is the only way to go. There are not many around. I was hearing $3820-$3950 this week. I have a friend that managed both OKC Honda shops for years. He still has contacts at several Honda shops. PM me for a name and number to hook you up with him. I know his contact in ADA had sold his BWs but had some of the little wheel versions. They order by the 1/4 now.  Get one out of Texas and avoid sales tax (or at least you used to be able to)
My biggest concern is the air... He likes to take air right now and he bottoms the CRF100 that he has... Im afraid the suspension on the 150 expert woud do the same thing, as he gets older he gonna do more... I was actually eyeing that CR85 expert.....

I will look at the 150 expert today

There is a CRF150R (and CRF150R expert) as well as a CRF150F. I'd be worried about him on the non-r model as well. The 150F is more like his 100. I understand the R model is as motocross ready as the CR85R and is expected to start dominating the class. However, I’m not sure if AMA has made it legal for the all the 85 classes just yet. It is that good. I also understand the CR85 as well as the 125 and 250 two strokes will be dropped in the Honda line for 08. The 150R is the replacement for the 85r. I'm betting many of the suspension parts are identical.

I also overheard a conversation earlier this week that Guy Cooper rode one recently and was kicking ass on it against the 125 two strokes and 230 four strokes.

As DaCal said, Bartlesville is a good source as well. The CRF150R might be a bit hard to find however.

I just got an offer from a local dealership for an 07 CR85 for 2600.00 brand new....

They have a big wheel CRF150R for 4200.00

Which one you think Im looking at?

Wow that looks like a deal on the 85. I think MSRP is $3300. It almost sounds to good to be true. Is that the expert one? I can smell the two stroke oil in the air!

Back