Captain, Devil Dog, BA BUSA

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
wanted to say thanks to Captain, Devil Dog and BA BUSA for helping with getting my son a dirt bike.

Rich and I were looking at fixing up the one my dad gave me, but since it was really old, probably no parts available, missing a carb etc etc etc I started to look for used bikes that ran. Rich was helping me search and he found the bike we got on www.cycletrader.com

It is not a top of the line dirt bike, but I wasnt looking for that either. just wanted to get him something he could start out on, fairly inexpensive and go from there.

I was able to get this far cheaper than I could have fixed up the broken one, even if I could have fixed it.

With the help from the above people, BA BUSA. my middle son and myself drove down and picked up a Honda XR50 knock off. got it brand new for $400.00

The guy who sells these said they can hold up to a 250 pound person, and I road it up and down the street with no problems.

going to try and get the boys out this weekend to let them ride.

I took a video of my son (the one I got the bike for) as I told him about it and he went outside to look at it. he was very thankfull, I told him who the people were that helped and he went and gave Rich a hug and told him thank you..

The videos are too large and right now I dont have the software to make the smaller so pics will have to do for now until I can edit down the video..

Big thanks again to everyone for helping with the gear and huge thanks to Captain, Devil Dog and BA BUSa for helping me get my son this bike.

looking forward to seeing how this bike holds up. The guy seemed pretty confidant in the bikes and he sells a 125 version with large tires brand new for $700.00 if anyone is intersted in getting something to start out on.

Here are a few pics

DSCF0958.JPG

And yes I know he is not wearing gear
tounge.gif
Rich and I got in late last night and he was about to go to bed and he didnt ride it
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Good for you Ron!!! Man enjoy it thats all I can say, I rode with my boys this weekend and there were laughs, a couple of tears and a lot of fun....... Good on you.....

I think it's awesome!!!! Fast becoming an avid dirt biker myself and all I can say is that the boys absolutely LOVE riding...I'm certain your boys will love it too!!

We've got an '83 Honda 80cc dirt bike that still starts on the first try, so old doesn't mean it can't be fun!!!

That bike looks great Ron!!
beerchug.gif

so old doesn't mean it can't be fun!!! [/Quote] I'm pretty old and I'm having fun........

beerchug.gif
super.gif

Been thinking of getting my boy a dirt bike, but i think he needs to learn to ride his bicycle w/o training wheels, and get another year or two on him before he rides a dirt bike. hes only 3.5 right now.

(captain @ Feb. 26 2007,11:34) Good for you Ron!!! Man enjoy it thats all I can say, I rode with my boys this weekend and there were laughs, a couple of tears and a lot of fun....... Good on you.....
Thanks Doug..

As I was telling Rich on the drive home last night.. I have never asked for handouts or help before.. and probably never will again.. for some reason I just felt lead to do it to get the boys on bikes as soon as I could..

My oldest boy turned 15 today... and.. it just feels like time is slipping by and I feel like I am running out of time to teach them things, to spend time with them, and help them experiance all I can help them experiance before they are out on their own.

I dont want to be someone who down the road regrets not doing everything I could for my boys..

And my parents didnt want me to have anything to do with motorcycles, they told me as long as I lived under their roof I could never own one, well when I turned 21 I bought one without their help. they didnt help me buy it, they didnt teach me anything about gear or riding.

3 months after I bought the bike, I hit the side of a school bus doing 75pmh, all I was wearing was a helmet.

spent a week in the hospital, internal injuries, bleeding, broken ribs.. and I was lucky

Figure stubbornness runs in my family. the boys have already talked about getting street bikes when they get older. So I want to make sure I am the one that teaches them how to ride, the importance of wearing gear and teach them on dirt bikes. So hopefully if and when they get street bikes, I will have done the best job I could as a dad to equip them with the knowledge to be as safe as possible....

Very awesome!!

Ron, your proirties are right on!!  

Rich, Doug and Vinny, a big "good on ya" for help'in Ron out  
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

enjoy em, they get to see you and spend time with you, you get to throw in a couple of stories and life lessons and your not always in the discliplinary role either, they get to see you for who you really are... When I get older and the boys are gone I promise you I will not have any regrets...... When my oldest neice was killed and my youngest neice went into a COMA I instantly felt regret and I have ever since... I never hugged em or told em I loved em, I pested the crap out them both and they new that I loved them and I new they loved me, it was an unspoken understandning... I WILL NOT HAVE THAT REGRET WITH MY BOYS......... I spend every minute I can with them........

Good on you again.... lots of memories coming......

CAp

Forgot to mention some stats on the bike..

$400 brand new

110cc

Disk brakes front and back
K&N type air filter

Can handle up to a 250 pound person

replacement plastics are $20.00

replacement foot pegs $15.00

And the guy seemed really willing to help if I had any problems.. So hoping this will at least last him a few years until he out grows it
biggrin.gif

(captain @ Feb. 26 2007,14:54) enjoy em, they get to see you and spend time with you, you get to throw in a couple of stories and life lessons and your not always in the discliplinary role either, they get to see you for who you really are... When I get older and the boys are gone I promise you I will not have any regrets...... When my oldest neice was killed and my youngest neice went into a COMA I instantly felt regret and I have ever since... I never hugged em or told em I loved em, I pested the crap out them both and they new that I loved them and I new they loved me, it was an unspoken understandning... I WILL NOT HAVE THAT REGRET WITH MY BOYS......... I spend every minute I can with them........

CAp
+ 1,000,000 captain...no replacements if you don't make the memories NOW...

(captain @ Feb. 26 2007,11:54) enjoy em, they get to see you and spend time with you, you get to throw in a couple of stories and life lessons and your not always in the discliplinary role either, they get to see you for who you really are... When I get older and the boys are gone I promise you I will not have any regrets...... When my oldest neice was killed and my youngest neice went into a COMA I instantly felt regret and I have ever since... I never hugged em or told em I loved em, I pested the crap out them both and they new that I loved them and I new they loved me, it was an unspoken understandning... I WILL NOT HAVE THAT REGRET WITH MY BOYS......... I spend every minute I can with them........

CAp
I know where you are coming from Doug..

I tell my boys every morning I love them and everynight before they go to bed.

And my boys are so used to it and grew up with that environment my 15, 13 and 9 year old sons dont think anything of giving me a hug and telling me they love me in front of their friends. And their friends are used to it and dont think anything of it either. matter of fact my oldest son's friends will often come up and give me or my wife a hug when they see us.

Sorry to hear about your nieces, I have never experianced that however everytime I hear about something bad happening to any child it makes me hold mine and appreciate mine that much more  
beerchug.gif

Pics look great. Glad you got your boy a nice machine....

Remember what I told you on the phone.......

<table style=filter:glow(color=RED)>ANYTIME - ANYWHERE</table>

Semper Fidelis
DD

Very cool!
beerchug.gif

The smile in pic #2 says it all... very cool indeed gentlemen~
bowdown.gif

Make sure and get plenty of pics when you get out for that first ride.

Back