Attempted Bike Jacking

det45

Registered
A buddy of mine was riding in south San Antonio Texas late the other night and while he was sitting at a red light two thugs tried to jack his bike. Both had a knife and ordered my friend off of his bike. He got off of the bike and was told to start walking. Little did the thugs know that my buddy was packing a .45 Auto. My friend pulled his .45 and ordered the thugs to the ground. Both thugs dropped his bike and ran even though my friend was pointing a gun at them. Bike sustained minimum damage and the thugs got away. At least the bike was not successfully jacked. Personally I told my buddy I would have popped at least one of the thugs on the run but he let them go.

running away would have gotten him in trouble if he shot...but if he would have let them start riding off on his bike then popped one...thats legal....even if he would have shot them as they stood there with theirs knives he could have shot them...just not running away and danger was over.

sorry for the drop of his bike and glad he was packing

90percent of the time, during a robbery situation: if the person with the weapon(firearms only) is with in sticking distance he WILL NOT shoot or WILL hesitate to shot, causing bad aim. no matter witch side has the weapon good or bad.

unfortunately for the good guys doing the right thing- the bad guys know this information too.

if u see the gun its already to late. if u didn't see the gun ur already on the way to the hospital or worse, without a bike

I carried a colapsable batton on my GS... been thinking of carring my PT 24/7 on the busa or picking up a subcompact.

but right on to ur friend for defending what's his. I'm glad he didn't shoot. but I'm sad he didn't beat the crap out of at least on of them just to turn them over to the law.

just think one of these 2 weirdos is a motorcycle rider.. cause somebody was planning on riding it away. if it had the hump: where was the boyfriend gonna ride?
Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't fire a shot? I think I would have had at least one negligent discharge. :laugh:
Hell, I would've shot'em just for dropping the bike! Suspects with wounds are a lot easier to find.

He did the exact right thing! Defended his life and property! His conscience is clear, put no innocent bystanders in danger and he punked the SOB's out. Their time will come! Death or Prison.

has anyone ever read the appology letter some guy put up on the net... it was something about how he pulled his piece on some dude who wanted to jack his bike.

in turn the rider took the guys wallet and if I remember correct his clothes and phone... either way he ended up contacting the kids mom and explained to her what happend... if I wasn't on my phone i'd post a link.

true or not
pistols and bikes seem go together.

here's a legal question: cowboy law states only I guess: if u display ur side arm and put a riding jacket over it, do u fall under concelled carry laws?
Posted via Mobile Device

In Texas he could probably have gotten away with it, but he showed restraint, which is why he is deserving of the permit in the first place. Ought to send the story into the NRA magazine they'd publish it in the "because the good guy was armed" - section...

Completely side-bar...I think States with helmet laws would probably see a significant amount fewer of these than States without.

Glad your friend got to keep his rightly owned property.

I hate thieves.

Last edited:
Completely side-bar...I think States with helmet laws would probably see a significant amount fewer of these than States without.

Glad you friend got to keep his rightly owned property.

I hate thieves.
interesting..... nothing like flying a banner huh? or you worry when a guy carrying a lid approaches you? :laugh:

Glad the guy did not loose his bike too.. I am sure shooting the guys would have been more trouble than it was worth..

interesting..... nothing like flying a banner huh? or you worry when a guy carrying a lid approaches you? :laugh:

Glad the guy did not loose his bike too.. I am sure shooting the guys would have been more trouble than it was worth..

:laugh: If you pull up to a stop sign, and some dude is standing there with a helmet on, that would be a good indication you may be about to have problems !! :rofl:

has anyone ever read the appology letter some guy put up on the net... it was something about how he pulled his piece on some dude who wanted to jack his bike.

in turn the rider took the guys wallet and if I remember correct his clothes and phone... either way he ended up contacting the kids mom and explained to her what happend... if I wasn't on my phone i'd post a link.

true or not
pistols and bikes seem go together.

here's a legal question: cowboy law states only I guess: if u display ur side arm and put a riding jacket over it, do u fall under concelled carry laws?
Posted via Mobile Device

If you have a CHL and you have it strapped to your side and completely covered with a jacket you are golden...even if the wind flaps it open. You have it concealed.

In Texas he could probably have gotten away with it, but he showed restraint, which is why he is deserving of the permit in the first place. Ought to send the story into the NRA magazine they'd publish it in the "because the good guy was armed" - section...

+1 I love those stories

I would have taken their knife, remove my bullets so no forensics were found.
It's going to be dangerous to be a thief soon... :laugh:

good story...now i just have to get my firearm back (sold years ago to pay for health insurance for kids...at least im still working...)

Back