Whats with all the Manufactures and

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Recently took a peek at all the next generation stuff and I had to do a double take.... What's with the Buell exhaust copy? I must be getting old, that just ain't for the Bug. What's everyone else think? Who knows maybe it'll grow on me, til then Not gonna do it....

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129769996 -->

20061_Kawasaki_Ninja650d.jpg

Can you say Buell?

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129770056 -->

I must still be young and dumb, cuz I like it. Wish they offered a mod like that for the Busa.

Buell call it mass centralization . It keeps the weight low and centered in the chassis for better handling . Go take a demo ride on a XB12R and you'll be amazed that a Harley product can perform the way they do . Not saying it's a Busa killer but a very well designed motorcycle .

Buell call it mass centralization . It keeps the weight low and centered in the chassis for better handling . Go take a demo ride on a XB12R and you'll be amazed that a Harley product can perform the way they do . Not saying it's a Busa killer but a very well designed motorcycle .
Couldn't agree more! But, that is my point exactly.... Wonder where will be heading with the after market crowd if this is a sign of things to come....

Take a peek at the new R6 from Yamaha it pipe looks like a turn out right off the mid-pipe.

At least other manufactures, unlike Buell aren't pointing the exhausts straight down at the tire!

Many of the MotoGP bikes are like that too. I personally like it too. But Suzuki did the best job with the '06 600 and 750

Buell is the ONLY manufacturer to ever have all of it's line recalled.

He has some unique ideas, but the sporty engine.....

Buell is the ONLY manufacturer to ever have all of it's line recalled.

He has some unique ideas, but the sporty engine.....
You know what? I'm tired of people putting Buell down because of things like that. If you want to find reasons to like or dislike ANY maufacturer, you will be able to. The fact is, Erik Buell has done more with that boat anchor of a motor than anyone on the planet could have. The guy has vision and passion and BRAINS!

He's been able to go from concept to production faster than any bike builder out there. Why? because consumers of sport machines want today's technology TODAY. Unfortunately, that process produced some things (from suppliers) that needed recalls. So what? They recalled the bikes and fixed the problems. Big deal.

I've met Erik on several occasions and to talk to him is fun. He loves what he does and genuinely cares about the people who rides "his" bikes.

Can you tell there's a Buell in my garage next to my Busa? I have no loyalty to ANY brand. I ride what I like. I'll leave the brand bashing to the narrow-minded.

rant.gif

soapbox.gif

Bugs not bashing the Buell! Just not my cup of tea..... To each his/her own. Thought it was kind of strange to copy an existing idea instead of coming up with something new/original! Guess if it works then it makes sense! Wonder how it sounds? I've heard the Buell's exhaust but what about an inline four?

I'm sure we'll get to ride some of them in Aug out in CO again
cool.gif

Back