What's under your leathers?

wow.gif

i ffound something left over from my mountain bike days.
cool max spandax bicycle rideing pants and shirt under the leather. keeps ya cool.

under the leathers, you say?

I know the post is super old, but I couldn't resist.
laugh.gif

img_0596.jpg

Under Armor Heat Gear long sleeve compression T-shirt, long compression shorts and skull cap. Nike makes similar apparel.

Can get at Sports Authority in FL.

Wow, this topic just won't die.

But anyway, I seem to remember alot of controversy around wearing Under Armor and other synthetic clothing being a bad idea. If you go down and the leathers wear through the UA will actually melt to your skin.

If I remember correctly the Marines did some testing with Under Armor because it was being worn alot and eventually banned the use of it for the same reason. Wounds were much worse because the synthetic materials actually melted onto the skin.

(Altec @ Oct. 10 2006,05:29) Wow, this topic just won't die.

But anyway, I seem to remember alot of controversy around wearing Under Armor and other synthetic clothing being a bad idea. If you go down and the leathers wear through the UA will actually melt to your skin.

If I remember correctly the Marines did some testing with Under Armor because it was being worn alot and eventually banned the use of it for the same reason. Wounds were much worse because the synthetic materials actually melted onto the skin.
Correct, the DoD did ban it. However, I believe that was due to potential exposure to blasts from IED's, hot equipment, or other sources of heat/flame.

I don't think it will melt just due to friction but I'm not a MythBuster either...

sorry to bring this old topic up, but underarmour will not melt under friction...at least it didnt when I was in a bobsled crash.

80mph, upside down with approx 1500 obs for about a half mile or so...

Back