Textile Jacket....

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
So I've been wearing an armored textile jacket made in France by ixon...it is getting a little long in the tooth and am thinking on replacing it...

All my other gear is Joe Rocket (Alter Ego pants, new gloves and boots), as we know we lean over a bit on our bikes so I am looking at a jacket which covers the lower back while riding...my pant go up a bit but I don't want an exposed area.

What is everyone else wearing?

For those of you wearing Joe Rocket gear, which jacket are you wearing?

I personally don't trust textile jackets, I run a Alpinestar stunt 2 and another one can't remember the name, they are heavy and get hot but I don't city ride much and they zip to my dry star pants or my track v2 so if I ever crash it won't pull up, the dry stars are fairly thick but I also have minimum confidence in a crash they won't melt to my skin, they are super warm in cold weather though.

I personally don't trust textile jackets, I run a Alpinestar stunt 2 and another one can't remember the name, they are heavy and get hot but I don't city ride much and they zip to my dry star pants or my track v2 so if I ever crash it won't pull up, the dry stars are fairly thick but I also have minimum confidence in a crash they won't melt to my skin, they are super warm in cold weather though.
I actually wasn't going to get into the textile vs leather debate...I've already decided on wearing textile and have for 20 yrs now...

I just want to update my textile jacket...

So I've been wearing an armored textile jacket made in France by ixon...it is getting a little long in the tooth and am thinking on replacing it...

All my other gear is Joe Rocket (Alter Ego pants, new gloves and boots), as we know we lean over a bit on our bikes so I am looking at a jacket which covers the lower back while riding...my pant go up a bit but I don't want an exposed area.

What is everyone else wearing?

For those of you wearing Joe Rocket gear, which jacket are you wearing?

My only JR is my double layer ballistic mesh jacket. My textiles are one Fieldsheer, one Cortech and my two (preferred) jackets are Tourmaster. All have a lower back panel and all have armor. My leather jacket is also Fieldsheer.

Last edited:
After my recent experience, I don't think textile is a bad choice but I think we all know leather is the best. I'd wear textile again but only 50 mph or less. Elbow, shoulder an knee armor is a must. The mesh jacket I had on when I went down didn't injure me at all but it was well padded and I think that prevented any burns from melting fabric. I did suffer some skin injures for rubbing against the elbow armor but that was a lot less severe than it would have been without armor, I'm sure. A zip like JeffSyh mentioned would be best and then that encourages the use of some kind of protective pants too.

After my recent experience, I don't think textile is a bad choice but I think we all know leather is the best. I'd wear textile again but only 50 mph or less. Elbow, shoulder an knee armor is a must. The mesh jacket I had on when I went down didn't injure me at all but it was well padded and I think that prevented any burns from melting fabric. I did suffer some skin injures for rubbing against the elbow armor but that was a lot less severe than it would have been without armor, I'm sure. A zip like JeffSyh mentioned would be best and then that encourages the use of some kind of protective pants too.
I wore a full leather suit for years and years....I had 3 or 4 suits from my racing days. They were the old school suits made by Bristol (they sponsored me). One thing I remember is they were hot and not really great for everyday riding. In those days I rode in all weather and there were times I forgot a rain suit and got caught in the rain....when they get wet, they take days to dry out.

Alpinestars T-GP Plus R V2 Air Vented Textile Jacket has kept me cool while feeling protected. It replaced my Joe rocket hayabusa edition jacket.

Alpinestars T-GP Plus R V2 Air Vented Textile Jacket has kept me cool while feeling protected. It replaced my Joe rocket hayabusa edition jacket.
That jacket made the top 5 list I reviewed yesterday...

The Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 made that list as well...I'm kind of swayed toward Joe Rocket products these days.

That jacket made the top 5 list I reviewed yesterday...

The Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 made that list as well...I'm kind of swayed toward Joe Rocket products these days.
The features I miss from my joe rocket are the belt loops on the back of the jacket to keep it from rising up and the zipper/button clasp on the cuffs. The Alpinestars has the velcro cuffs.

The features I miss from my joe rocket are the belt loops on the back of the jacket to keep it from rising up and the zipper/button clasp on the cuffs. The Alpinestars has the velcro cuffs.
I just found out the company that makes my current jacket (IXON) makes a whole line of gear...

The jacket I have is over 20 yrs old and it is still solid, it has hard armor in the shoulders and forearms and a hard back protector...

If the new ones are as good as this one has been, I might have to go back to a new IXON jacket.

I just found out the company that makes my current jacket (IXON) makes a whole line of gear...

The jacket I have is over 20 yrs old and it is still solid, it has hard armor in the shoulders and forearms and a hard back protector...

If the new ones are as good as this one has been, I might have to go back to a new IXON jacket.
Hard to find good gear that lasts. I'll have to check out IXON, first time that i hear about them.

Hard to find good gear that lasts. I'll have to check out IXON, first time that i hear about them.
They are from France....I just went into Google and typed IXON motorcycle jackets and they came up, they have a few good looking jackets..

One is a Yoshimura jacket that I think would look great on my bike...

I wore a full leather suit for years and years....I had 3 or 4 suits from my racing days. They were the old school suits made by Bristol (they sponsored me). One thing I remember is they were hot and not really great for everyday riding. In those days I rode in all weather and there were times I forgot a rain suit and got caught in the rain....when they get wet, they take days to dry out.
I never got them wet but the perforated leathers I have are not too bad in hot weather. The worst part was getting them on while sweating. The boots were the hardest part to get on me though after I had the pants on. The bike (especially the Kawasaki) gives off a lot of heat and I feel it through jeans worse than the leathers.

I never got them wet but the perforated leathers I have are not too bad in hot weather. The worst part was getting them on while sweating. The boots were the hardest part to get on me though after I had the pants on. The bike (especially the Kawasaki) gives off a lot of heat and I feel it through jeans worse than the leathers.
I remember the days of racing in the heat, I'd soak my leathers each race...I usually took 3 sets with me when I went to the track..that 'ol Gixxer would put out the heat too...

Back