Time for Leathers

Ross1

Registered
I am looking to get leather pants and my in between Tour masters leather apex, AGV apex or Alpine stars. The A-stars appear to cost the most but are they better. Please give input and comments, I also have a Rocket Busa jacket with a 8-inch zipper and I would like the pant to attach. Also state what leathers u have?

I have a Teknic Lightening two piece. It zips together all the way around. No complaints. It has very good ventilation for hot days.

I have had AGV & Frank Thomas currently. I will only wear a 1 piece.
Best I have found for the money are Komodo.

You may have to have a different zipper sewn in if the pants & jacket are different brands or styles.

Ive got a alpinestars smx air flow jacket and rocket perf leather speedmaster 2.0 i think it is. The pants are nice. Around 225 form New Enough. Worn them all summer long. More comfortable then jeans honestly. No removable liner is the only real bad part. Even took a bad high side with them. Held up fine. Padding could be better though.

this thread is helpfull for me too, I'm in the market for new gear soon. I'm leaning towards the A-star Octane two piece suit and S-MX R A-star boots.. Think we could get a group buy going???
beerchug.gif

My JR jacket would not zip up to my A-Star leathers pants...had to get a new zipper put on the pants. SO check that first!

First and foremost, you need to find something that fits you properly. If the suit doesn't fit you then it will be uncomfortable. It should be tight fitting, especially in the upperbody or it will bunch up and can flap at high speeds. I've seen so many people with leather jackets 2 sizes too big and they are flapping in the wind going down the highway.

So try on something first!

Alpinestars is good stuff..I got a mint 2 piece suit if someones looking.all has maybe 3-4 passes at dragstrip on it...will seperate for the right money...

I have an extra pair of alpinstar track pants in size 54, or could be 56? I'd have to look since I haven't worn them in a long time!

Back