Textile Jacket....

he Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 made that list as well...I'm kind of swayed toward Joe Rocket products these days.
Junk ! had one big disappointment , and let down . Zippers are total junk , and bind with the waterproof seal . Air flow is garbage on the Busa wearing one . I'm wearing a 5.0 here . My Marine / Army son Tristan wearing my Leather 44 Joe rocket perforated jacket . Its a better jacket than the 5.0 by miles
DSC_2683.JPG
20160930_111318.jpg

Junk ! had one big disappointment , and let down . Zippers are total junk , and bind with the waterproof seal . Air flow is garbage on the Busa wearing one . I'm wearing a 5.0 here . My Marine / Army son Tristan wearing my Leather 44 Joe rocket perforated jacket . Its a better jacket than the 5.0 by milesView attachment 1637935View attachment 1637936
Good to know, the reviews were really good for the 5.0....

I MAY look closer into replacing my IXON with another IXON, this jacket has been stellar so far but is getting old so I often wonder how the stitching would hold up it I went down...

I know you miss RJ....but those pictures sure make me miss it too....

I must say I truly think the option for the "Viking" line of clothing jackets and trousers let alone luggages is quite a good option - I like many have a collection of JR but also leather - one can never have enough choices... . I wonder though since the trousers don't have elasticized knee area's nor does the jacket offer such in the shoulders if it will become binding over the long haul? I may consider the over the rear seat luggage option as well. I have trimmed down what i need when I tour to so little now I merely require my waterproof roll-bag but this is an interesting option. I wonder if they would attach under the seat and in doing so if they would rub against the black and gold tail of the G3?

Junk ! had one big disappointment , and let down . Zippers are total junk , and bind with the waterproof seal . Air flow is garbage on the Busa wearing one . I'm wearing a 5.0 here . My Marine / Army son Tristan wearing my Leather 44 Joe rocket perforated jacket . Its a better jacket than the 5.0 by milesView attachment 1637935View attachment 1637936
Is that a Motus? Did you ride it?

Do tell? I was going to Barber to tour the museum and go to their factory and ride one home. Got as serious and tickets and hotels when they stopped production. How was the bike?
It was very nice / and powerful , but vibration on top end , and not hit up top like a Hayabusa . Narrow seat allowed easy touch to ground . Amazing sound from Big V4 with good wheelies , but to quick to 6xxx redline so front end would drop like a hammer when you were just getting to sweet spot .
I redesigned RJ's bag mounts to single off sub frame like the Motus design . Brakes were great .
What hurt to many was lack of ride modes / abs . ME it was perfect animal . I think you would of liked it Willie .
I saw a Black R Motus @ Triumph in Dallas in October this year , and thought to ask about it , but did not .

I was going to get the Motus R without having even ridden it. Such a compelling story and to be able to go visit the manufacturers was too intriguing for me from a motorcycle ownership story. My wife said no way are you going to buy a $36K bike with no dealer support at all. She says all the time it would have been cheaper than that BMW K16 disaster! She says she knew I wasn't ready to retire to a cruiser.

for what it's worth: I've been wearing an all black Joe Rocket RASP 2.0 since 2014. Skip to :30 unless you wanna see the cheesy intro, LOL! Only thing the video doesn't mention is that it also came with a full sleeved zip-in liner for winter. JR has some "hit or miss" stuff, but I definitely got my $100 out of this one.

Mine is now toast but it did hold together for 225 feet which I find mighty impressive. I slid face down most of the way judging from my pants and knee injuries. I rolled just once I think. Main damage to the jacket is the right shoulder which almost tore off and the left cuff (light leather) that got a little shredded. The back looks untouched although the ass in my jeans almost wore through.

crash.gear10.jpg

Back