Looking to race next spring...

BowDown

Registered
I just want to put down some numbers w/my stock wheelbase busa. What kind of gear do I need for the track to let me race?

I already wear ankle high leather boots, joe rocket mesh jacket w/armor & spine protector, joe rocket gloves, and a Shoei RF1100 helmet w/DOT & Snell 2005 cert.

Pants w/armor?

What about special certifications?

Leather Jacket,Leather Gloves,Over Ankle boots,Snell 2005 helmet.If you go faster than 9.99 in 1/4 or 6.40 1/8 mile you will have to get a license.You will likely not get to either until you learn the lights/launching techniques but one day you will need license.They will ask you if you can go faster than 120mph,say no until you actually can.You also maybe asked about a kill tether,let the tech guy know your bike has a tipover kill setup already installed from the factory..Happy Racing.....

some tracks require that you have a chain guard as well. For some reason, people take them of as soon as they get the bike.

Launch techniques are differnet at the track then on the street due to the surface and prep. But, I guess it can't hurt to practice........

Back