So whats under your kilt?

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious what you guys wear under one piece... or two piece leathers. I've talked a few people that say those under armor type shirts work really well under leather because you can sweat like crazy... and be dry in 2-3 minutes after you take the leather off... plus it doesn't bunch up or whatever.

just curious as to what you guys are doing to remedy the problem... if you have it..

I'm thinking about getting the short sleeved version, and maybe some shorts.. or possibly even the pants to wear under the leather.. Supposed to make it easier to put the leather on also.. again no bunching up and it doesn't hold sweat in it either so it doesn't get .. sticky.. for lack of a better word..

your thoughts?

Long sleeved underarmor is the bomb.  The shortsleve will have your arms sweating at the elbow and the shorts will have you sweating like a dog behind the knees. I PROMISE the long sleeve isn't warm - at all. If anything it is cooler.

You can slip into and out of a one-piece in no time, it keeps you cool, yada yada yada.  Also, go to Walmart and buy some of their cheap over-the-calf dress socks.  They're cheap and kinda silky feeling, awesome under race boots.

Under the underarmor . . Pure Commando baby!

<!--EDIT|tspoole
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121934462 -->

Long sleeved underarmor is the bomb.  The shortsleve will have your arms sweating at the elbow and the shorts will have you sweating like a dog behind the knees.  I PROMISE the long sleeve isn't warm - at all.  If anything it is cooler.

You can slip into and out of a one-piece in no time, it keeps you cool, yada yada yada.  Also, go to Walmart and buy some of their cheap over-the-calf dress socks.  They're cheap and kinda silky feeling, awesome under race boots.

Under the underarmor . . Pure Commando baby!
What tspoole said!!

I swear by the stuff.

Thats what I wanted to hear.. thanks guys..

You aren't the first ones to say this also.. I just wanted a bigger consensus before I dropped the coin... $50 worth of stretchy nylon is rather absurd... but if it's worth it... it's worth it I suppose.

I wear the long sleeve. Stay pretty cool, just have to shave my arms. Never worn the short sleeves.

I wear the long sleeve.  Stay pretty cool, just have to shave my arms.  Never worn the short sleeves.
Another shaver?
rock.gif
?? PAC - you reading this?

pure_ego

Hey, if you find some good stuff, want to post a link to it. I been wearing my Alpinestar 2pc. Leather, and gets real toasty and sweaty on thes hot humid MN summer days, and Im willing to throw down a little $$ to make me a little more comfortable.

pure_ego

Hey, if you find some good stuff, want to post a link to it. I been wearing my Alpinestar 2pc. Leather, and gets real toasty and sweaty on thes hot humid MN summer days, and Im willing to throw down a little $$ to make me a little more comfortable.
http://www.pmdctactical.com/

Mike at PMDC Tactical is a nice guy to deal with and very familiar with the Under Armor line.  I get no kickback or anything, just passing along a realiable source for the stuff!!

Here in Florida, it's worth every penny ;)

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121940568 -->

I usually wear a pair of lycra ski pants and a tight t-shirt under my leathers. I've found that the knee protectors in my pants rub my knees raw on long trips if I don't. Also makes getting in and out of the pants a lot easier.

--Steve

I tried Spandex. But they just made my leathers wanna slide down. Had to keep pullin them up, and that made me feel weird, so now I just wear long boxer breifs. They do pretty good, and a t-shirt works fairly well too.

Good call Poole - I'm gonna go today and get some!

Oh, and to answer your real question - my wife calls it "The Hammer!"
LOL!
tounge.gif

Do you guys think UnderArmor would be good under a fire suit too? When I drag race I race both my busa and a rear engine dragster. It get kinda sticky going from a multi-layer black fire suit to black leathers in the hot and humid Indiana summers.

Does anyone wear NOTHING under their leathers??? I'm sure there are people who do...come on..I'm calling you out!!!
biggrin.gif

pure_ego

I used the stuff at the track day... 100+ degrees and high humidity... in short.. it was hot.. damn hot.

the nike stuff I bought did feel more comfortable than wearing a tshirt or whatever.. and it was a bit cooler... especially when you pulled the top part of the leather off.... any little breeze and it feels like you just got out of swimming pool.. and it does dry very fast.

I think it was worth it for the most part.. makes getting in, and out of sweaty leathers much easier.

as far as a link.. no got.. i just went to the local sporting goods store and bought them.

Back