What's the riskiest move you've done on your bike?

Heh, I have just the bike... Suzuki's DR-Z400 SuperMoto... I rode one for a little while and they are a hoot. Not super powerful but super controlable and entertaining... Wheelies for days.

SuzukiCyckes Link Broken

What about this one REV??? A couple grand less, but still looks like could be fun??? SuzukiCyckes Link Broken

Stoppies can be done on the busa, NOT an easy thing to do though. I did a couple just to prove that it could be done and was not comfortable with it at all. If you come down slightly off center that is a helluva lot of weight that you will be supporting with one leg. The highest I got was maybe 4 feet.

If your gonna do wheelies on here (easy to do) I would strongly suggest not clutching them. After learning the clutch method a long time ago that was the only way I would do them since they are more predictable, however the first time I did one on the busa it came up a lot faster than I would have thought it could, scared the crap outta me and now I can barely clutch them a foot up. Power is easy and all day long though. Just remember that aside from the price of repairs, this is a heavy piece of tumbling metal WHEN something goes wrong.

Stunts do look cool as hell on a busa though, simply because you don't see them as much

The dumbest thing I ever did on a scooter was actually recently. I was following a couple of buddies on the backroad twisties and entered an inside corner which was pretty tight at about 60 mph, it was near days end and I was getting tired. I entered the corner off line, in the center of the lane and I couldn't keep in in my lane on the exit. I leaned her over til my peg was touching and she still went over the center line and you guessed it, a ford pickup was coming at me in exactly the wrong spot. How, I missed him, I don't know but for a split second I thought it was all over but the slow walking and the sad singing? I can tell you this, it really woke me up and from now on when I begin to get tired, I'll be slowing her down a few notches and I'll catch up at my leisure!

The busa is fun to wheelie on. I wheelie mine most every time I get on her but it's certainly not as easy as your SV or my Gixxer 1K. I hardly ever bring mine up in second gear? Although she will do it, it's just a bit to hard on the clutch so I clutch it up at 3K in first and quickly shift to second. Keeping the RPM low between 7 & 8K, you can wheelie quite a long distance but you have to keep her high. If you loose the front a bit to far on the down side, she just don't have to power to stop the downward motion.

The biggest problem I have found with the busa doing sit downs is being able to see where you are going. Even a 7 footer can't see over the windscreen and she is so wide it's hard to lean out that far to see without making the bike turn into your lean. I have found I can actually look down along side the fork tubes and see well enough to watch for traffic etc. She is a big bike and when you have her up there, you know you've got a load.

However, I have the new Gixxer 1K and boy howdy, let me tell you from experience, I have never straddled a scooter more fun that that one! I much preferr riding my 1K over my New LE. Had my LE for six weeks now and has less than 500 miles
sad.gif

One other thing, your stock busa brakes simply suck! I installed a set of Ferodo "SinterGrip ST" pads and made tons of difference. You can get the rear up with no problem with these pads. But any good set of pads will improve your busa brakes enormously!

If you are doing stoppies on your busa, drop a little air from the front tire to give you a larger contact patch for grip. DON'T try it on a cold tire!

once I had to motocross the busa after missing a corner out in the country, alfalfa I believe it was...shot straight out into that field after catching a little air from the little irrigation ditch deal around the edge. Busa handles like a hog in the dirt. I still say this was NOT my fault. There was this girl in really obscene shorts hanging laundry out on a line.......as she slowly bent over, I thought I saw.......you get the idea. I was picking alfalfa off the busa for a week.
tounge.gif

Riskiest move I've done is getting $1000.00 deductible on the bike because the rates are so high. The rates are high because of stupid stunts other people do.
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117800107 -->

just be careful, Sithor....the Busa can wheelie and endo, but it is not as easy to balance. She's a big 'ol gal...so you gotta be more careful than an ox on a high wire.

As for riskiest things? Wow...

140mph - 5:30pm traffic
35mph right-hander blistered at 90
riding in about a 1/2 inch of water on the way home.
turning an unexpected 12 o'clock into a year of rebuilding.

The dumbest thing I ever did on a scooter was actually recently. I was following a couple of buddies on the backroad twisties and entered an inside corner which was pretty tight at about 60 mph, it was near days end and I was getting tired. I entered the corner off line, in the center of the lane and I couldn't keep in in my lane on the exit. I leaned her over til my peg was touching and she still went over the center line and you guessed it, a ford pickup was coming at me in exactly the wrong spot. How, I missed him, I don't know but for a split second I thought it was all over but the slow walking and the sad singing? I can tell you this, it really woke me up and from now on when I begin to get tired, I'll be slowing her down a few notches and I'll catch up at my leisure!

The busa is fun to wheelie on. I wheelie mine most every time I get on her but it's certainly not as easy as your SV or my Gixxer 1K. I hardly ever bring mine up in second gear? Although she will do it, it's just a bit to hard on the clutch so I clutch it up at 3K in first and quickly shift to second. Keeping the RPM low between 7 & 8K, you can wheelie quite a long distance but you have to keep her high. If you loose the front a bit to far on the down side, she just don't have to power to stop the downward motion.

The biggest problem I have found with the busa doing sit downs is being able to see where you are going. Even a 7 footer can't see over the windscreen and she is so wide it's hard to lean out that far to see without making the bike turn into your lean. I have found I can actually look down along side the fork tubes and see well enough to watch for traffic etc. She is a big bike and when you have her up there, you know you've got a load.

However, I have the new Gixxer 1K and boy howdy, let me tell you from experience, I have never straddled a scooter more fun that that one! I much preferr riding my 1K over my New LE. Had my LE for six weeks now and has less than 500 miles
sad.gif
So are you gonna sell the 05 LE?

#cruncherbusa wrote: So are you gonna sell the 05 LE?

Nope, I won't be without a busa but I do enjoy daily fun on my gixxer more. Now that I have put 5K miles on my gixxer, I actually think it's more comfy to ride than my busa. It's shorter from seat to bars and I can sit upright more when I'm just curising. Easier on my back and arms I think?

I already have sliders, Euro Racing brand.  Funny story though, last weekend I was at a comedy club and someone stole one of the pucks off of the right side.  I called Yoyodyne and they wouldn't sell me just one slider puck.  I had to pay for another pair and it was $29.00 shipped.  Not bad, but $29.00 can buy some drinks at the club.
Certainly not drinks you'd buy when riding the busa.......

'cause that'd be a big mistake!

Yep, wrong bike . Get a cheap bandit 12 for trickin' . Make a mistake on your busa and drop it and I bet i'll hear you crying from here....
down.gif

No you won't, you'll be too busy going to the pub.....

Mr Brown , Thats a nasty rumour , a nasty rumorrr I telllzz yyaaa
drink.gif
drink.gif

drink.gif

Back