What's the riskiest move you've done on your bike?

Sithor

Registered
I've only owned my 'Busa for little over a week now. I miss my SV1000S due to the endos and wheelies I used to pull on it. My damn 'Busa is so nice that I'm too scared now to even pull any of these stunts. Last night I attempted an endo and the rear end barely came up. I'm thinking this thing just doesn't brake hard enough, or I'm not braking hard enough to get that weight up.

While trying to wheelie, it doesn't seem to pop up as easy either. Man, trying to do anything risky is quite a learning curve on this bike. I'm starting to think that if I want to play at all, I'll definitely have to get another bike. Anyone have pointers on doing wheelies?

No wonder the insurance quote was high...

Welcome to the ORG
tounge.gif

It's high for everyone in my age bracket unless they were established with State Farm or American Family.

I'm starting to think that if I want to play at all, I'll definitely have to get another bike. Anyone have pointers on doing wheelies?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not a bad idea..especially since you said it.
smile.gif

Yep, wrong bike . Get a cheap bandit 12 for trickin' . Make a mistake on your busa and drop it and I bet i'll hear you crying from here....
down.gif

get sliders stunter dude. riskiest trick ive done was thit a 12 o'clock which turned to a 10 oclock and on to a 9 o'clock (see where this is going) Other than that speed and leaning the fuker over in the corners. but stopies are a no no casue i think teh front will buckle under the weight...but thats just me

I already have sliders, Euro Racing brand. Funny story though, last weekend I was at a comedy club and someone stole one of the pucks off of the right side. I called Yoyodyne and they wouldn't sell me just one slider puck. I had to pay for another pair and it was $29.00 shipped. Not bad, but $29.00 can buy some drinks at the club.

The 'riskiest move' I make on my Busa is simply riding it in Tampa Bay area traffic!
wink.gif

Taking a risk everytime I just ride into work.. otherwise, I'd have to say just flat out speed~ I won't risk my baby by doing wheelies and stoppies... purposely, but I do take some risks when hittin' the twisties on the weekends~  
smile.gif

It's a Busa...according to those that subscribe to the belief that you'll self-incinerate upon boarding the beast, the riskiest move I've made yet is just riding it...

Okay, seriously...for this "Mom of 2", just going faster than 100 is risky...fun as hell though...
tounge.gif

Riskiest move I've done is wheelies. I prob have to work a little harder than most because I'm at 5,280 ft. She comes up easily in first sitting down at about 6,000 rpm just snap the throttle and jerk the bars and she comes up pretty fast. Just snap the throttle in first at about 5,000 rpm standing up and she comes up quick, then all you have to do is shift depending on how long you want to keep it going.
biggrin.gif

Hitting the speed restrictor at 186mph.

No stunts for me, but I'll watch...

Sithor -

If you want to do stunts and such, I would recommend either getting a second bike for the stunts, or selling the Busa to get the bike you want.

The Busa is a kicka$$ ride, I think it is sweet looking, it is about the only thing I would feel comfortable on doing 180+ on land. Maybe even more comfortable than in a car
biggrin.gif

With that said, the bike in my opinion is too heavy. Everyone criticizes the weight of the Busa “why cant they make it lighter!! Wahhâ€￾

But the weight is a big part of what makes the bike stable at highspeeds.

The Busa was built for drag racing and high speeds. While just stock, with the right rider she will tear up twisties and keep up with all other bikes. However twisites and stunts is NOT what she was built for.

You can do them. Wheelies are no problem, I have even accidentally did one once, and I was leaning on the tank with my full 225 pounds and she lifted anyway. And with the weight and the steering dampener, she comes down pretty easy.

Stoppies? I think doing a stoppie on the Busa is not such a good idea.

If you can get her a$$ in the air, I think the continued weight of the Busa slaming the back end down will eventually start causing sub frame stress and cracking.

Also when you do a stoppie, that is a lot of weight compressing the front forks, I would think in a short amount of time you would start blowing front fork seals and who knows what else.

Just my .02. Playing with the Busa, doing wheelies on occasion, no big deal.

If you start trying to do lots of stunts on a regular basis, I think you are going to be looking at a lot of maintenance costs down the road.

Just my .02

On the other hand, if you totally ignore this type of advice and do it anyway, take some pics and post them. Also keep us informed of how she holds up. I would be curious on if the Busa could take the abuse or not. But I am thinking it wont. Just too heavy.

Welcome to the board and good luck

Well thanks thrasher. That is one of the most positive posts I've ever seen when responding to a topic like this. I'll definitely be looking for another bike, like a wrecked 954RR or something. For right now, I'm just going to enjoy the shear acceleration of the 'Busa.

While you can do anything on a Busa it is not the best bike for stunting due to shear weight. Wheelies are not too hard because of the power, but endos are extremely tough. I'm not a stunter but if that's what you want to do then a second bike or another bike would most likely be more appropriate.

Fishtailing it like a dirt bike on asphalt  Just getting used to throttle I know kind of stupid but if you know what it takes to brake it loose you can keep from it and it was at slow speeds
tounge.gif
and believe it or not is was easier than I thought

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117773517 -->

Yep, wrong bike . Get a cheap bandit 12 for trickin' . Make a mistake on your busa and drop it and I bet i'll hear you crying from here....
down.gif
Actually why not get either a dirt bike or an enduro? 100, 125, 250. Dumping it would really not matter.

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117777343 -->

Back