Whats my Busa worth

bstamper

Registered
2008 Orange and Black with 3050 miles. Scorpio alarm and Redline stands going with it. The story...I got hit hard in taxes this year and now have to make some cuts. The Busa is the only thing I really have to cut. I put it up for sale for $7500 on a whim and within min. got a response and an offer for $6200. Now I'll say no matter what I'm going to take some loss on it but is $6200 worth it? Deal is he's only giving me till tomorrow to let him know or he's going after another bike.

Pass.
Depending on your urgency find another buyer.
You should be able to get a bit more, maybe.
I think hes lowballing you and putting pressure on you to make a speedy decision.
He prolly already has a buyer for it at 7k and is just gonna turn it.
Your gut has told you to ask us cuz it dont feel right.
if it dont feel right , it aint !

Unless you've rode it hard and put it away wet your asking price is very fair and $6200 is an insult-especially at the perfect time of the year as the weather breaks in MN.

Thanks man. I tried countering at 7K and he sat on $6200. Like I said I need to sell it and I know i'm taking a loss but didn't quite want to take that much. On the flip side its a sale and I've posted it before w/ not so much as a bite really. But the email that just came in on it tells me your right... I think most of the market hasn't had time to see it yet :-)

pass. 7500 sounds like a good deal. also i don't think u get much value packaging things up like the stands. i say sell them seperately. there are classifieds here on the .org also ebay and cragislist

Ohh and I never updated my locatoin I moved south where its warm into Iowa... lol...riiight. But thanks for all the advice.

Understandable and the bike has actually been ridden very gentle. I rode it back/forth to work daily and it was casual riding. Never pushed hard. I think I've taken it over 100 once. We'll see how things go. Again thanks all!

If you sell it for $6200 some one is stealing it!

Also you could part it out and make more than $7500!

It's worth 7500.00 if you can find a buyer. I don't care what anyone says bikes are still not selling good. I bought my 08 with 1100 miles on it in dec. for 7600.00 and it came with alot of extras. I've seen others sell for as low as 6800.00 where in Iowa are you located.

Don't let it go that cheap. You can get your asking price easily. I wouldn't have even gone down to 7000.00 like you did. It's worth 7500.00 all day long!!

We are in the same boat! I have been trying to sell my 08 with 8,000 k on it since March 1st. It's a joke... No, I DONT want to trade for a 1998 Mercedes-Benz, NO, I DONT want to trade for a Katana!!!??? and cash, NO, I won't take 6500 for it, or the buyers ?? who have been emailing me for a month with stupid, random questions.

Then there are the " Hayabusa Hero's " I call them, they get all hot and bothered over the bike, want me to bring it to them!!!,gotta have it ,gotta have it, right up until it gets ki-boshed by the wife or girlfriend.

It has made me look at all responses with an angry cynicism now, I find it hard to take anybody seriously. One guy wanted it bad right after I posted it, he sounded serious, said alll the right things, I went and had the bike certified at a cost of 70 bucks only to have him change his mind and the cert is only good for 36 days ,expires on Tues.

And the thing is ,my bike is one of the lowest k ones out there at the lowest price, some guys have listed theirs with 16,000 k for 11,000 and mine has 8,000 k for 9300 ( different market up here, guys) Most of the other 08s are between 10,500 and 11,000.

There is even a new ad, an 03 with 35,000 k he wants 85000 firm. WHAT!!!!!! What the heck has he been smoking!!!!!

Anyway, boy, is that guy yanking your chain with " You better decide tomorrow" I would tell him to pi*s off myself, what an aggressive,pushy attitude. 6200 bucks???? NO WAY!!!!!!

I am not willing to take a huge loss on my bike and neither should you. If you sell for that ( but you won't will you...?) you will be angry with yourself....

Back