Scorpio Alarm question

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys.
She (brand new 2009)will be home the first week in May. New lid came in, new gloves came in. I know I know pics. Anyway.

I am going to buy a scorpio 900. They advertise a wiring harness (extra $25) so that one can do the install WITHOUT cutting any wires. So here is the question. Has anyone installed a scorpio alarm on a Gen 2 with the wiring harness and is it truely plug and play. Thanks in advance.

Don

yup it is :thumbsup: if your not going to be ridding at least every 2 to 3 days keep your bike plugged in on a battery tender those alarms will eat your battery in a few days .

If you want to install the ignition kill you'll have to either splice and solder or use a crimp connector.

Just installed one few weeks ago. Plugs into turnsignal plug in front of the tail light. Easiest install u will ever do.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

yup plug and play.. did mine about a month ago.. only wire you gotta cut is for the engine cut off ..:thumbsup: I love this alarm..

I didn't install mine but I love it. Just don't forget to plug your battery if you're not riding for about 2 weeks. It will drain the battery. Mine did! :banghead:

I am also picking up this alarm. My question is, has anyone used a bike cover with the system armed? Will it false alarm with the perimeter sensor or shock sensor? like say a lil gust flaps the cover..

internatrix is way more bulkier than the scorpio.. also can't get the internatrix in canada. They will not ship it.

I need to know if a bike cover will trip the perimeter sensor.

Bio Hazard has the scorpio 900's with all the goodies and OEM harness for $329 currently. I am going to try a group buy on this.

Bio Hazard just got back to me. $320 if we get 5 people. That's a full kit with ignition disable and perimeter sensor.

I have the 1100(rlink) model (identical to the 900 but with gps and gprs comm.) and the install is a snap with the connector kit. I mounted mine angled where the tool kit was strapped on. I used the same rubber straps for the tool kit and works great.

I've left the bike armed and left for a trip for a month and had no problem starting. I find this strange because of all the comments I hear about the battery draining. I have the original Yuasa battery since the bike was new, as far as I know. btw, on my previous gen 2, I installed the motion sensor right on top of the recess of the battery and worked great. This time I installed it on top of the ECU and seems to work as good.

I cover my bike everyday I come to work because my parking spot is right under a tree and the birds use my space as their bathroom. No problems falsing. It has to be a substantial mass to set the alarm off. If you set the sensitivity down (you'll want it somewhat less sensitive because if you have it too sensitive, everybody that walks by will make it chirp). I have it down to where it will chirp if someone is leaning over my bike.

Same with the shock sensor... I set mine to the lowest setting of 5. No more falsing after that. It still goes off if someone hits it but won't go off if another rider goes by with Brocks. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

I have the 1100(rlink) model (identical to the 900 but with gps and gprs comm.) and the install is a snap with the connector kit. I mounted mine angled where the tool kit was strapped on. I used the same rubber straps for the tool kit and works great.

I've left the bike armed and left for a trip for a month and had no problem starting. I find this strange because of all the comments I hear about the battery draining. I have the original Yuasa battery since the bike was new, as far as I know. btw, on my previous gen 2, I installed the motion sensor right on top of the recess of the battery and worked great. This time I installed it on top of the ECU and seems to work as good.

I cover my bike everyday I come to work because my parking spot is right under a tree and the birds use my space as their bathroom. No problems falsing. It has to be a substantial mass to set the alarm off. If you set the sensitivity down (you'll want it somewhat less sensitive because if you have it too sensitive, everybody that walks by will make it chirp). I have it down to where it will chirp if someone is leaning over my bike.

Same with the shock sensor... I set mine to the lowest setting of 5. No more falsing after that. It still goes off if someone hits it but won't go off if another rider goes by with Brocks. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

perfect reply! you answered my question and gave me lots of insight on installation. thank you sir :beerchug:

perfect reply! you answered my question and gave me lots of insight on installation. thank you sir :beerchug:

You are very welcome... I've got lots of helpful tips from this forum and I'm glad I can help others. Take care

I have my biked covered in the every night in my locked garage with the alarm set and it dose not set off the perimeter sensor. altho a helmet on your mirror blowing in the wind will.. locked on the hook under your seat/hump wont...

Crooks that steal bikes are very widespread nowadays. It is very important to lock- down tight our bike when not in use. Mine uses a very light but durable alloy.

Sort of, but I'm horrible at wiring diagrams and figuring out which one to splice.. thanks tho.

Back