Trade in Offer

So... I'm getting a 2012 S1000RR. Motorrad colors, abs, traction control, grips, blah blah blah. I'm selling the Busa on Craigs and no takers for 7500, though I know this is the wrong time of year being just past Christmas.

This is a limited edition 2006 with a few mods such as tinted screen, led lights front and rear, chrome wheels, yosh pipes, galfer lines, fender eliminator kit, etc. A few scratches, but a beautiful awesome bike.

The BMW dealer today told me they'd give me 6200 for it plus the tax credit towards the RR, nets me @ 6600 for the Busa.

Thoughts?

How soon do you want it. A $1300 hit isn't all that bad. Kinda like what you would get at a car dealer or pawn shop. They still have to make money on it. I'd be temped. BMW?? :whistle:

Playing. Sweet bike. Why not have both??

Sounds like a fair trade in price to me. I think you will have trouble getting what you want for the busa if you're in a hurry. I saw a couple of gen IIs going for 7900 on craig's list last month so you've got some competition.

Anything off of the selling sticker? I would goto another BMW dealer walk in and ask what is there bottom dollar price for a cash sale? Then you will get an idea what kind of deal your getting.
Look on craigslist or ebay what your bike is selling for or Kelly Blue Book

That's what i got my '08 for. Full Yoshi TRC, already lowered, and tinted double bubble. 7,999. Gave him an extra $1. That was last year too. Did get a good deal on it with I think 8,000 miles??

the BMW is just a machine and worth every penny imo. I think the traction control, ABS and quick shifter are standard now. not bad for $15k. put it up on fleabay and see wat it fetches

KBB indicates that trade in value is $5240.

This is what your bike is actually worth! Wholesale!

When I buy anything used for cash, I never pay more than wholesale. I think the dealer is giving you a fair deal, maybe more than fair.

I agree that you would be hard pressed to get much more for it trying to sell it outright. And if you spend another month or two before selling it, you are still paying insurance on it and making a payment if it is not paid off.

My buddy had an 09 with 3700 miles on it bought for $7600 last summer but he thought about it too long and it was sold when he called back

Take it and run .. Around here you can get real clean used Busas for 5000 to 5500.. Used bikes prices are falling off a cliff .. We buy 2 or 3 every week cheap ..

I agree. Now that I don't have a BUSA anymore and when I land on my feet again that would be the Next Bike I would own

Robert

I paid 8500 for my 04 limited with a stage 1 turbo and it looks brand new. I think that is a fair offer for yours. I have the 2010 S1000rr also. You will love it

You would be lucky to sell it outright for what they are offering you in trade. Take it!

If you have to sell the busa id say that s a fair offer,im luckey too have been able to hold on to my busa and purchase the rr, what a smoken bike ,i love it but its great to be able to ride the busa too,espeically if its going to be over a 150 mile trip,the busa is just that comfortable.Im 6', not that the rr isnt comfortable but the busa is just a bit more

TAKE IT. You are my hero I want that exact bike so bad I can almost taste it :please:

Thanks guys. I tend to agree. I think it's a fair price. The dealer won't negotiate the sticker of the BMW simply because they have a small allotment and they're all spoken for. I got on the list in November. I called around to other dealers and they said the same thing, even with cash in hand.

I thought about keeping both, but since they have enough similarities, I think I'll sell the Busa. It's been a wonderful, beautiful machine, but times are changing and the technology out there is something I'm ready to embrace.

Back