What year?

falco

Registered
Hi guys.
Can you give me a "newbie pass" and some help please!
I have a question on how to go about to determine the age of a vehicle, a bike in this case, of course.
For example on the the title is year 2000 but on the frame the manufacture date is 11/1999, what year am I buying 1999 or 2000?
What year do I look up on NADA or KBB?

Thanks.

It is a 2000. Just like cars, the production date does not follow the calendar year. The switch for most is around July-Sept, but it will vary with the manufacturer and even the year.

Thanks guys.
That`s what I thought.
So if everithing works according to my plans I will have a nice 2006 Busa in my garage
even though is an "05 Silver and Blue" color skeme witch is the kind I like.

2005_bluesilver.jpg

Hi guys.
Can you give me a "newbie pass" and some help please!
I have a question on how to go about to determine the age of a vehicle, a bike in this case, of course.
For example on the the title is year 2000 but on the frame the manufacture date is 11/1999, what year am I buying 1999 or 2000?
What year do I look up on NADA or KBB?

Thanks.
C'mon GIO! a "newbie pass"?
rock.gif

Puuuulllllleeeeeeeeezzz!

My fellow hayabusians...my brothers and sisters of the h.org...may i present to you a long time and cherished riding bud of mine...uhem..."falco"...aka "Gio".....also affectionately known by his closest of friends..as..."The Italian Redneck" and it's my privilage to know him...quite a few years my senior he grew up as a boy in the mountains of italy...where he roosted the mountains on his fathers motorini scooter..and it shows...and after spending 4 years in the FZ1OA with him and attending numerous rides and rallys together?...(one of which found us hanging with chuck graves and a couple riders from McCoy Motorsports on heated up R1's and hung with'em all the way up HWY28 to the CROT)..and what a hot ride that was!

on our FZ1's...but i must say...mine was jet tuned with a full yosh exhaust and made 138RWHP..it was no slouch....

Washfz1.jpg

Stage3.jpg

RALLY2.jpg

gio took that last pic...and if you ever ride with him?..it'll be glarringly apparent in an immediate sorta way that he far, far away from being..."a newbie"

L8R, Bill.

Stage3.jpg

RALLY2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WHOW thanks Boss!
You`r too kind!
That is quiet a presentation, you`r right I have been riding for long long time and that`s because ...... I am old! But.... pretty much a newbie in the Busaworld.
You have been an inspiration to me, a great Ryder and a mechanical genius.
An artist and a warrior.
bowdown.gif

We had some great times on the FZ, some of my most memorable biking experiences in fact. I hope we can do it again on the Hayabusa. I will get me one , whether this deal goes trough (i`m veryzaited now) or not.
Happy riding Boss!
Regards to the family, granpa` and ma` too!
beerchug.gif

Ciao for now.
Gio.

Back