Question about Busa year models

kc5deb

Registered
I'm looking at buying a used busa within the next couple of years. As soon as I finish paying off my debt, I'm saving to pay cash in hopes of buying a better bike for less money, and not having a payment. So, with that said, here's my question.

What year model is considered the "creme de la creme" of the busa, or are all of them the same, just some with more age on them.

Also, if I could get something like:

1998 - first busa released

1999 - changed up the throttle fluid resevoir from round to pineapple shape

2000 - changed the frame from swiss cheese to chedder

2001 - changed to a larger frapper port on the kanooter valve

etc. etc. etc.

2007 - painted one with one hell of an ugly blue

Granted, the above is jibberish, but, I can't seem to find anywhere that gives anything like the above with real information, and where better to get the info than from you guys who are ridin em!

Thanks in advance, as always!

Key points I considered when purchasing
1999 First year
1999-2000 220 mph speedo "unlimited versions" Later versions limited to 186mph but easily changed
2001 moved fuel pump into tank
2002 made changes to the clutch
2003 Fixed starter kickback problem updated ECU
04 or 05 Hazards, pass to flash, kill head light during starting.

Not a whole lot of differences and most can be fitted to the earlier years.

Was there ever a change made to the frame? Seems like I recall coming across a post on a message board that said they changed the frame from one metal to another.. I've slept since then, and rather poorly, and I can't seem to find anything about it.

I believe the 2002 had the updated 32 bit ECU.
beerchug.gif

The frame they were talking about was the aluminum subframe under the passenger seat & tail. It was switched to steel awhile back. Around 2001 I believe??

One year, I don't remember which one. They changed the swing arm from aluminum to steel.

Don

(usn04limited @ Nov. 03 2006,13:56) One year, I don't remember which one.  They changed the swing arm from aluminum to steel.

Don
99-00 models had a aluminum sub frame for the tail section...01 and up they are steel
wink.gif

Future models:

[*]2008 - adding a flux-capacitor for time travel (remember same matter can't occupy same space)
[*]2009 - adding a stealth mode to hide the bike from thieves (don't 4get where you parked)
[*]2010 - adding a hover conversion kit to engage flight (bye bye rush hour traffic)

(Professor @ Nov. 03 2006,15:13) 04 or 05 Hazards, pass to flash, kill head light during starting.
Suzuki did this per Mr.Browns personal request
ukliam3.gif

(Valium @ Nov. 03 2006,17:14)
(Professor @ Nov. 03 2006,15:13) 04 or 05 Hazards, pass to flash, kill head light during starting.
ukliam3.gif
The headlight kill is a good idea, Kaws have done that for years, but you know my feelings on the other stuff....
firedevil.gif

Oh, and the swingarm has always been aluminum, the subframe was switched to steel in 01 and up.......

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 04 2006,00:02)
ukliam3.gif
The headlight kill is a good idea, Kaws have done that for years, but you know my feelings on the other stuff....
firedevil.gif
jump9.gif
just had to rib ya a little after reading the other thread..lol
poke.gif

'99 - '01 have black mid-pipes. '01 & '02 had the "Falcon" on the fairing. '05 and up came with clear turnsignals. '05 have a two-toned front fender (which by the way only looks good on the black/grey model
biggrin.gif
). '06 LE is the only LE that is not a solid color. All 07's have the black frame and swingarm.

I know all this stuff from heart. I did not, at any time, use the following link as a guide.
all_coholic.gif

CLICK

(Valium @ Nov. 04 2006,00:19)
(Mr Brown @ Nov. 04 2006,00:02)
ukliam3.gif
firedevil.gif
jump9.gif
 just had to rib ya a little after reading the other thread..lol  
poke.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Back