What will it take to reach 300HP...

keaton

Registered
Search is online again!
bs.gif
Have an 07 looking to push up the horses just because I can but want to do it the right way. I posted a thread about Turbo alittle while ago and still might go that route if needed. I'm use to working on V-twins(TLR's) so this inline is kinda new for me. I did own a European Spec 98 R1 in Japan and it was jetted. Any helpful tips from you guys is always appreciated. Thanks

300 HP.. A turbo is the choice for reliable power.. 300 isnt hard for that. A NOS shot will get you close too.. depends on your requirements..;)

300 HP.. A turbo is the choice for reliable power.. 300 isnt hard for that. A NOS shot will get you close too.. depends on your requirements..;)
Trying not to do the NOS thing, I envy the guys that have it but don't have any experience with NOS at all. I'm basically trying to make my bike a sleeper which I don't its hard to do and where I'm at, not too many people know what the exhaust coming out the right side fairing means
poke.gif

IT will take bookoo bucks to make it a motor only 300 HP.. a turbo blows th esleeper thing unless you run a pipe on it, but it still sounds funny.

IT will take bookoo bucks to make it a motor only 300 HP.. a turbo blows th esleeper thing unless you run a pipe on it, but it still sounds funny.
Trust me, in the flatlands of North Dakota, these idiot squids around here wouldn't know the difference- guess that means Turbo. Now what upgrade do I need for the Turbo to be efficient? Any motor work in volved? Thanks for helping by the way
ThumbsUp.gif

a good reliable 300hp setup would be a rcc stage 1 kit,mps 62lb injectors,ape promod studs & nuts,.080 base spacer,and upgrade valve springs.300hp is the limit on stock rods & pistons.We have used this setup or a similar one several times with repeatable dependability& consistent results.Got one in the shop now if you want me to email you pics.
smile.gif

a good reliable 300hp setup would be a rcc stage 1 kit,mps 62lb injectors,ape promod studs & nuts,.080 base spacer,and upgrade valve springs.300hp is the limit on stock rods & pistons.We have used this setup or a similar one several times with repeatable dependability& consistent results.Got one in the shop now if you want me to email you pics.
smile.gif
YOU ARE THE MAN!!!
Send to: garland.keaton@auab.centaf.af.mil

Would it involve sending my engine and or bike to you? Or would I have the parts and have some shop do it? If thats the case, I'm screwed

I was gonna say come this way and we could do it but it's 1200 miles away...

I was gonna say come this way and we could do it but it's 1200 miles away...
Yeah, I made that trip before. Bought a Suburban out in Spokane and had to drive it back... I hate going thru Idaho is all I have to say
Understood for sure...
You'll never know, but our base is downsizing and that means people have to relocate... Might end up at Fairchild AFB, Washington- THEN WE CAN DO IT!

Not to threadjack here, but what kind of HP will you get from cams, 1397 kit, good air filter, and exhaust?

Back