What to do to bring your 60ft time down...

When you coming back down to get beat on some more?
You mean by your track?  Hell i didnt get an invite!  Cant come this weekend but will probably bless you guys with my presence next weekend  
cool.gif
An invite? What is it a fu@#in baby shower? If it isn't raining, we are there. Let me know.......
laugh.gif

fstbusa what are you running with your 1.7s? I can get consistant 1.7s but my times are only mid 10s. So has anyone actually done this cable clutch conversion yet? As for the launching let teh clutch out to where you have to hold the bike back with your feet. this is where you wnat to be from there when the light turns you can nail it but keep the clutch at that position till you start moving and release it slow from there. ive done the whole dump and pin method and it just doesnt work to well
wink.gif
my best with a bde pipe and commander was a 9.7 @144
ran consistant 9.9s all day long with a few 9.80s in there.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122399019 -->

You mean by your track?  Hell i didnt get an invite!  Cant come this weekend but will probably bless you guys with my presence next weekend  
cool.gif
An invite? What is it a fu@#in baby shower? If it isn't raining, we are there. Let me know.......
laugh.gif
LOL! I just got done givin' him hell over at Dennis' site, wander over here and see the same thing going on!

Poor guy........
face7.gif

fstbusa what are you running with your 1.7s?  I can get consistant 1.7s but my times are only mid 10s.  So has anyone actually done this cable clutch conversion yet? As for the launching let teh clutch out to where you have to hold the bike back with your feet.  this is where you wnat to be from there when the light turns you can nail it but keep the clutch at that position till you start moving and release it slow from there.  ive done the whole dump and pin method and it just doesnt work to well
wink.gif
my best with a bde pipe and commander was a 9.7 @144
ran consistant 9.9s all day long with a few 9.80s in there.
was that with the dump and pin method?

cool.gif
laugh.gif
LOL!  I just got done givin' him hell over at Dennis' site, wander over here and see the same thing going on!

Poor guy........
face7.gif
Ill be down next friday...
race.gif

I just ordered a new rear sprocket from Schnitz. I talked to Ryan, he recommended a 44t, due to my weight.........
We'll see what happens.

Well, I really like the 16/44 set up. I cut my best 60' yet, 1.59 And my best et, 6.57. It seems like a whole new bike. The bike went 6.32 with a rider, prolly be able to drop it into the low 20's if he would remember to hit the shifter button.......LOL
I'm very satisfied with the results, I gotta get used to it now.....

Damn 16/44 how...your extended right
rock.gif

Well, I really like the 16/44 set up. I cut my best 60' yet, 1.59 And my best et, 6.57. It seems like a whole new bike. The bike went 6.32 with a rider, prolly be able to drop it into the low 20's if he would remember to hit the shifter button.......LOL
I didn't like it on the street/highway because it keeps the revs up...If your not doing much street riding then the hell with it...

I didn't like it on the street/highway because it keeps the revs up...If your not doing much street riding then the hell with it...
It does rev a lot higher, but it don't bother me. Now I just need more power........

Barnett aftermarket pads/plates are exactly the same for a Busa. The only difference is the amount of each used on both bikes.
Don't use Barnett plates. They aren't flat. If you put them in a stack you will see how warped they are compared to stock plates. The effect is that no matter how you adjust them they either slip, or drag when the clutch is in. I have read about others with the same problem.

Barnett aftermarket pads/plates are exactly the same for a Busa. The only difference is the amount of each used on both bikes.
Don't use Barnett plates. They aren't flat. If you put them in a stack you will see how warped they are compared to stock plates.  The effect is that no matter how you adjust them they either slip, or drag when the clutch is in. I have read about others with the same problem.
I wouldn't use Barnett either...

I'm getting used to my Busa and I can slip the clutch good now.I come off the line with the throttle pinned and let the clutch slip and keep the rpm's up so it doesnt bog.My best 60' time is a 1.68.the bike is 4" over lowered and strapped.just have to really get the feel for it.I'm used to cable clutch action on the 1000's and it is easy for me on the Busa with the hydraulic set up.just need to practice,keep going to the track.Im still learning also! at the track on my old bike 04 1000 went 141mph on this 1 but couldnt keep that front end down for sh!t.

<!--EDIT|quikgixx
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122949860 -->

Anthony_010.jpg

Back