First time at the track with the busa

lowandslow08

Registered
My mods are front strapped, adjustable rear links, clutch case saver, three heavy springs, welded clutch mod, 530 zzz chain, 7 over extensions, +3 rear sprocket, power commander, airshifter, shinko 003 u-soft, and full brocks ah exhaust. Last weekend it was dynotuned and made 182 rwhp.

Today was the first day i had it at the track and the first pass I took it pretty easy and ran a 10.24 with a 1.72 60ft. The 2nd pass I left a bit harder and ran a 9.81 with a 1.64 60ft. On the next few passes I started using the airshifter and missed the 2nd gear shift a few times untill i slowed down the killtime. The next pass it shifted good and ran a 9.68 with a 1.55 60ft. I had the compression on full soft and the rebound on full hard and the rearend felt like it was bouncing while I was launching. Before the next pass I set the compression six clicks out from full soft. After the adjustment the 60ft was 1.58 with a 9.64 et. The front end was starting to lift after the rear shock adjustment so I pulled the front strap tight and the next two passes were 9.53 with a 1.56 and 1.57 60ft. The last pass was a 1.55 60ft. 1\8 et was 6.15 at 118.34 and 1\4 was 9.52 at 143.24.

The rear spring probably should have been tightened but I didnt have the wrench with me. I could also lower the rear another inch or so but I was playing it safe the first time out. My buddies and I ended up getting ten passes in two hours because most people left early to avoid the rain. Any advice to make my setup better or faster would be appreciated, Thanks

I'm curious to see some input on this also, I will have to keep an eye on this thread. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gen 2 I didnt start using the strap untill the front end started pulling up, the strap was snug but still could have been pulled tighter.

What do you weigh? your mph tells me your 250 or a little more? or your not opening the throttle near soon enough.

What RPM are you shifting at...?

If it's a Gen-II, you need to rev her to 11,600 indicated on the tach...

Im around 160 suited up, I was shifting at 10,500. Last year I had an 04 r1 and was running 9.60s consistently with close to the same mods and this bike feels like it will be quicker with some practice. I made ten passes yesterday and it was getting faster with every pass. With the mods I have what times is it capable of ?

It's all in that first 60. Tightning that rear spring will probally help alot. I used to run mine as tight as I could get it with low 1.4 60s all day long.

Actually 60 ft is important but 330 is just as important. at 160 suited you should be running 150 to 151 for mph I'm 205 in gym shorts and run 151 on swb. we have a 165 unsuited rider sitting at 64 inches that runs 154 to 155 mph. and at you weight you should be able to run 9 teens. I just came from the track and our 260 unsuited rider ran 143.45 at 9.60 flat. with a 1.58 60ft is your clutch good? what's your 330ft times?

Im pulling the clutch out this week, the three best 330s were 4.05, 4.07, 4.09. After I take the clutch out Im going to lower the rear some more and tighten the rear spring and see if that helps.

I tell you what................if this is your day out then my hat is off to you:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Keep practicing and keep up the good work IMHO. I had my bike quite a while before I ran either on a Gen 1. :thumbsup:

Im pulling the clutch out this week, the three best 330s were 4.05, 4.07, 4.09. After I take the clutch out Im going to lower the rear some more and tighten the rear spring and see if that helps.

I happen to have one of my buddies timeslips from today and this is the 167lb in shorts. he went
this was not a great run for him he has been in the 8.90's. stock motor, Brocks pipe, sitting at 64 inches. I would for sure check that clutch out. with your 60fts you should be running 9.20's but your 330's say you may not be getting the throttle opened soon enough and that just takes seat time. on two passes today he did not get the throttle opened soon enough because of wheelies and he ran 144 and 145. so it matters alot.

Wow...thats quick, I hope with a few adjustments and a new clutch my times will keep improving. (and lots of practice)

Im around 160 suited up, I was shifting at 10,500. Last year I had an 04 r1 and was running 9.60s consistently with close to the same mods and this bike feels like it will be quicker with some practice. I made ten passes yesterday and it was getting faster with every pass. With the mods I have what times is it capable of ?

What year bike...?

Still seem to be shifting a little low IMO if you are talking tach indicated.... :beerchug:

2008 Whats rpm works best for this year? I was shifting at 10,500.

Ya, WAY to low.....IMO that's why your MPH is so low! Try again shifting around 11,500 tach indicated. The closer you can get without hitting the limiter the better... ;)

That should get you close if not in the 150's on MPH... :beerchug:

Back