First time at the track.

Quiksilver

Registered
I finally made it to a drag strip with the busa. I have a gen 1 stage 1 with base spacer swb suspension never changed from when I got the bike and Suzuki recomended tire pressure on pilot road 4 welded clutch hub with three heavy duty springs. Wheelied twice on the first pass with a 60' of 1.9 seconds and a time of 7.277 at 108.44 in the eigth mile. My fastest pass was 6.877 at 115.78mph. The tune is not perfect, suspension could possibly be set up better and I can definitely use some seat time. I couldn't get any better than a 1.9 60ft but I think that will get better with time. Anyone have any idea what an 1/8th mile time of 6.877 at 115mph could be? I believe in this pass I crossed the quarter at 150mph or so.

15165863615651593731776.jpg

I never had been able to get on the 1/4, always on the road course. Good on you for getting out there!

With a turbo bike and the first half being so far of what the bike should run it is hard to predict a 1/4 mile. If you directly convert 1/8 to 1/4 I would say it would be about 10.50 @ 145-147. Most likely you would have done better as the second half of the run would be much cleaner than the first half.

With a turbo bike and the first half being so far of what the bike should run it is hard to predict a 1/4 mile. If you directly convert 1/8 to 1/4 I would say it would be about 10.50 @ 145-147. Most likely you would have done better as the second half of the run would be much cleaner than the first half.

I've looked at some calculators and I've seen about that time. Thanks for the input! I will try to make another track day and run the quarter to get a definite time.

Back