2nd time at the Track

oh yeah i forgot to add. lost a few down to 240 now! and about to add an airshifter Gotta get into the 9's this year!! any help or suggestion?

I have one. If you haven't done so already, send your ecu to frank at Powerhouse to have it flashed. It will remove some of the factory restrictions and get rid of that tre. That's about 3/10 alone I bet.

oh yeah i forgot to add. lost a few down to 240 now! and about to add an airshifter Gotta get into the 9's this year!! any help or suggestion?

Nice pass man! Your improving quick! A couple things you should try is, if you don't have a cut down seat yet. Get one. Or next time your out just take your seat off and sit on the battery. It is a little uncomfortable but lowering your body center of gravity DEFINITELY helps. also start practicing on getting tucked at the line before you even leave. It makes it a little wierd at first but it will help you get faster and have less to worry about after you take off. :thumbsup:

When you say you were "on a bad tranny"........................................ Are we talking mechanical or..................? Just wondering :rofl:

Well like the Title says....This was my second time to the track. First time was on a bad tranny.. I need alot more seat time :rofl:

Mods: Small air box, Pair valve mod, TRE, Brock street Meg, Power Commander III, K&N, and Brock Map, 16T/40, And strapped in the front

best pass on the night:
RT .111
60Ft 2.34
330 5.32
1/8et 7.62
1/8 106.58
1/4 11.32
1/4 126.40

Oh yeah im 265lbs :thumbsup:

Hell yeah. Seat time seat time and more seat time. Come out to the PMRA races and do the TNT class and you could pretty much ask anybody there for some tips. They can watch your whole pass and have you change some stuff that you are doing and go from there. I'd be glad to help you if I have the time.

Yeah i been thinking about doing that this year! But first i gotta talk the wife into me racing again and getting me some leathers!! that fall hurt :laugh:

and fiend i might be heading up your way on the 26th of april for the opening of PMRA trying to get a few other riders to ride up there!

I have one. If you haven't done so already, send your ecu to frank at Powerhouse to have it flashed. It will remove some of the factory restrictions and get rid of that tre. That's about 3/10 alone I bet.

yeah i got the shifter just waiting to put it on and never thought about getting the ecu flashed is the tre really hurting me that much?

Nice pass man! Your improving quick! A couple things you should try is, if you don't have a cut down seat yet. Get one. Or next time your out just take your seat off and sit on the battery. It is a little uncomfortable but lowering your body center of gravity DEFINITELY helps. also start practicing on getting tucked at the line before you even leave. It makes it a little wierd at first but it will help you get faster and have less to worry about after you take off. :thumbsup:

got a cut seat a member made but i gotta get this big belly out the way lol and thanks man i will try it

Yeah i been thinking about doing that this year! But first i gotta talk the wife into me racing again and getting me some leathers!! that fall hurt :laugh:

and fiend i might be heading up your way on the 26th of april for the opening of PMRA trying to get a few other riders to ride up there!

Just let me know if you do. Tulsas track should hold some good numbers for the open bikes. Some are saying possibly a tenth or two faster than they are in Noble. Tulsa has a good track. Get you a set if leathers and come race. You can get a fairly cheap set from MPS that will be compliant with the rules

yeah i got the shifter just waiting to put it on and never thought about getting the ecu flashed is the tre really hurting me that much?

Think about it this way the tre makes the bike think its in one gear all the time. If you have a map for each gear and rpm range you are going to get better results. I told a friend of mine to remove his tre because it was hurting his time. Not to mention I was kicking his ass on the road too. When he finally did it he called me and said you were right. Having the ecu flashes will remove the factory retard settings and having as PCV or ecu tune will free make you think you have added some extra horsepower when all you've done is set it free.

Your doing kick ass man!!

Definitely do a clutch mod..

Personally I would leave around 4500rpm.. Make sure you tach every gear right at 11k...

One of my best friends was 265 suited with extensions 63" ,dumps,pcv,strapped lowered,16/42 on a skinko stealth.. He was running 10.8-11.0@132-133..... After getting comfortable on the bike... Leading over and dragging his feet he went a best of 9.96@138 and cut a 1.58 60ft.....

Don't get too hung on the 60ft... 60ft's make a big deal on cars with bikes it's all about the 330ft..

Good luck.... You look like your getting it done!!

If you bike starts to squat alot... Go too rock solid manufactureing website and order a shock spacer.. A guy your size with the bike that long will hammer the shock pretty quick.. Shock spacer will stiffen things back up

Thanks teezy, got a weld up,43t and a newer chain on the way. And might be getting the bike painted cause it looks like this year is gonna be a bust for me... Nerve in left hand is going bad!!! so I might be having surgery coming up I hope not anyways...............

Thanks teezy, got a weld up,43t and a newer chain on the way. And might be getting the bike painted cause it looks like this year is gonna be a bust for me... Nerve in left hand is going bad!!! so I might be having surgery coming up I hope not anyways...............

You can go too a hand slider.. ROCK SOLID MANUFACTORING

Back