What to do to bring your 60ft time down...

adrenaline is down with the snow on the ground!
down.gif
1zhelp.gif
cussing.gif
crazy.gif

Thanks for the explainations and outfit's that do clutch mods
etc,,Fabusa..My personal best e.t...1990..or so was a 10.76
@128 on a 88 GSXR1100......dragracing is a very cool thing to do..My nearest strip is at over 4000' elevation..otherwise
Sacramento CA.

Thanks for the info guys...The more I come out the hole the better I have gotten...Tore some ass up Friday nite...Have dropped by best run so far at 6.71...I think that's good for a guy my weight...
muscle.gif

I am still trying to get used to my 2-step. I have it set at 7 grand and I launched it for the first time yesterday at 100% throttle. It makes quite a racket. I figured it would spin the tire but it hooked up and kind of surprised me a bit. I let off a little around 20 feet or so out and still ran a 9.73 w/ a 1.68 60 foot. I hope to utilize the 2-step and get my 60's down in the 1.50 range. I think I can do it. Just need more seat time.

just so you know,hard on the 2 step is very hard on the motor,it just beats up everything

Yes, this is what I have heard. Not needed, you're crazy, you're stupid, etc. I am going to run it for the rest of the season. It seems to be working ok and I am still getting used to it.

My problem is when I let out the clutch, the bike still wants to wheelie, even though I am only launching at 4grand and I have the front strapped!! I try to slip it, but it still stands up. If I launch lower, it wants to bog, then my lights really suck!!

My problem is when I let out the clutch, the bike still wants to wheelie, even though I am only launching at 4grand and I have the front strapped!! I try to slip it, but it still stands up. If I launch lower, it wants to bog, then my lights really suck!!
You gotta slip the clutch more. You can't just dump it, or it'll wheelie or bog.......

I'd say practice and a longer arm....

I can run consistant 1.7s for my 60 with a stock arm,stock gearing, lowered 2" rear and a strapped front.

I can't seem to get any faster with a stock arm. I need to go 4 over I think.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122338875 -->

fstbusa what are you running with your 1.7s? I can get consistant 1.7s but my times are only mid 10s. So has anyone actually done this cable clutch conversion yet? As for the launching let teh clutch out to where you have to hold the bike back with your feet. this is where you wnat to be from there when the light turns you can nail it but keep the clutch at that position till you start moving and release it slow from there. ive done the whole dump and pin method and it just doesnt work to well
wink.gif

fstbusa what are you running with your 1.7s?  I can get consistant 1.7s but my times are only mid 10s.  So has anyone actually done this cable clutch conversion yet? As for the launching let teh clutch out to where you have to hold the bike back with your feet.  this is where you wnat to be from there when the light turns you can nail it but keep the clutch at that position till you start moving and release it slow from there.  ive done the whole dump and pin method and it just doesnt work to well
wink.gif
If you let the clutch out to the point where you are holding the bike with your feet, you will be buying a new clutch soon. It is not advised unless you have 2 or 3 extra clutches laying around, and enjoy changing them. Release it til you feel it pull, then pull back in a hair, just enough to disengage it. That way you're not slipping it the whole time you're staging.
Just cuz dump and pin didn't work for you, doesn't mean it don't work........
When you coming back down to get beat on some more?

Back