What tires do you guys like on your busa's

buddha

Registered
I just bought my first busa, and I love it. the tires are just about to be gone, so I need to figure out what I am going to put on it for the spring. I have always used dunlop(207-208) but I want some other opinions. I hope you will help me out.

Mike.

hey buddha I put Michilin Pilots on late last fall only put about 600 miles on them but so far so good

pilot sport Hpx like i said never got to use them a lot but am happy so far, no idea how long they will last

is anybody running the avon azaro's or the new avon the sp pro? come on guys let me know what you are riding on and what you like and don't like about them.

Bridgestone 010, I put it on to match the Bridgestone oem up front. Haven't had a chance to get out and ride since i put it on but I'll give you some feedback later

Mctrull- Is this your first set of the diablo's? How is the wear pattern on them, I have herd that they go quite quick on a big power bike.

dezzy7-once the front tire is wore are you going to stick with bridgestone? Or do you have a different set in mind?

Thanks guys.

Shinko BABY!! roo3.. Great grip..
cool.gif

<span style='color:darkblue'>stock bridgestones..suck over all....the nex one i tried dunlops they sucked too..they wore off to fast....then came along the metzler sportec M1....fairly good BUT got only 1,500 miles out of them....right now i have the AVON azaro AV45front & av46 rear..@ 3,500 miles they are still good "&" they seem to ware of evenly...good around corners once warmed up...so far the best tyre on my bike...</span>
super.gif

sproket-thanks bro, this was what I was looking for. do you think you will get them again or try the newer avons or go to the mich. pilot sport hpx?

coolbusa- never herd of them be for, are the a european based company?

thanks guys.

sproket-that's after 3500 miles? wow. that looks like a 7-8oo0 mile tire. and you said that it hooks up well. no problems in the twisties?

<span style='color:darkblue'>yes.. the tyre is made of harder rubber components in the center to withstand the weight & power of heavy bikes..wares of slower than most tyres ....the sides is softer for better traction round corners......you will be surprised how well they corner once they warm up.....also the extra deep treads help in the rain...you have a whole lot of rubber than other tyres...i know quite a few people with honda black birds & ZX 12's they too favour the avons.....</span>

Michelin is replacing the Pilot Sport with a new tire... Called the Pilot Power. It is due out around May 2004.

Kevin Schwantz and Freddie Spencer among others spent a couple of days trying them out (see this months RoadRace World) and said they are the best bar none!

-Rip

<span style='color:royalblue'>you can buy them @ motorcycle tyres.com or sportbike tyres.com..i am not sure which one it was but i know i paid only $236 for the pair...thats a real good price....i agree that michelin makes better tyres but I personally think they work & last better on lighter bikes....I wil look deeper into the pilot power..sounds interesting...thanks.</span>

Back