What percent of riders have been 150 mph

Many track day guys reach speeds exceeding 150 mph probably 60-70 times during a normal track day. I'd have no idea how many times I have exceeded 150 but sure it's in the thousands :dunno:

All those high speed runs down the front straight will definately teach you disipline with the brakes :beerchug:

Theres a reason why my 07 has 220 Gauges. :whistle: Once you peg the stock 185s its time to swap them out. :thumbsup: However since the swap I havent taken it above the 160 mark.

Theres a reason why my 07 has 220 Gauges. :whistle: Once you peg the stock 185s its time to swap them out. :thumbsup: However since the swap I havent taken it above the 160 mark.
:poke: did you do a speedo-healer since the needle doesnt know the difference in the gauges?:rofl: it would read like 100 mph when your doing 60:whistle: you may get pulled over for impeding traffic:laugh:

mine gets pegged about once a week, then i have to find a gas station pull over and call my friends and let them know where to find me again, they cant seem to keep up...at 180 they are usually about 1 1/8 miles behind me when i pull off:rofl:

I suspect it would be a bit higher,:beerchug:

At first thought I'd say go with a higher percentage...but then again, how many people purchase bikes and barely do the speed limit~?~

Have to take those into consideration also, not everyone rides balls to the wall, or even near the wall...so, hard to say

156mph Just once.. :whistle:

weekend with Semi 5-22 to 5-25-09 064 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
:poke: did you do a speedo-healer since the needle doesnt know the difference in the gauges?:rofl: it would read like 100 mph when your doing 60:whistle: you may get pulled over for impeding traffic:laugh:

mine gets pegged about once a week, then i have to find a gas station pull over and call my friends and let them know where to find me again, they cant seem to keep up...at 180 they are usually about 1 1/8 miles behind me when i pull off:rofl:

Didnt just get face plates, Actually got 220 gauges off a 2000 model, There about 10 mph off up until 80mph and after that I really dont know how much there off and really dont care. Once Im over 100 it really doesnt matter to me anymore. Maybe someday I will get a speedo healer but for now Im fine with 80mph showing 70mph.

How many people actually think they went 150mph because that's what the speedo said, in actuality they went SLOWER.... :rofl:

GPS is pictured, of coarse I was being towed by Samm on his '08.. My Busa is setup for Sport Touring so no way it could go that fast on it's own... :rofl:

I changed out the insturment cluster on my 06 Limited with the 220mph gauges too. They are just as close as the 185mph gauges on my bike.

Back