Something new we have been working on

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
For those that have been around and know me you have a good idea of who and what I am. This website has been around for 7 years and started out as a hobby site. It's grown to something more than that, more than I ever expected. In the first days keeping this place afloat wasn't an issue because we went for days without a post. Things have changed haven't they, we are putting up around a thousand messages a day and roughly 20 new registrations each day. As the site has grown so has the need for better and faster resources, that equates out to money. I used to just pay for the site out of my pocket but that wasn't good for my marriage and then along come kids and other responsibilities. We started selling shirts several years ago and had pretty good success at first, you can only have so many .org shirts in your closet that are the same. We saturated the group and shirt sales somewhat died at the wayside. Not to mention that we were having to pay someone else to manufacture the shirts and then try to resell them and make a buck or two. Somewhere in there came the sponsors to help us out.... We started banner ads and they continue to this day to help keep us afloat. Recently at great and longstanding resistance I caved and began taking donations to the site... You need to know that I HATE DONATIONS.... Every time that I get something in paypal it's just like sticking a knife in me. Some will say that it's just the Internet but I can honestly say that I have made some true life long friends across the world. It bothers me to have to ask the guys that I care about to give money to keep this place alive. I have tried several things in the recent past like the auction site... I really thought the auction thing would roll well but I was REALLY REALLY WRONG...... I am always looking for ways to get my hobby the hayabusa website back to being no cost to operate and fun to visit.

As many of you know I recently got my hands on a complete commercial shirt screen printing system. We have the printers, computers, screens, light system, and dryers. While my Jedi skills are not yet mastered we have put out some pretty cool shirts, hoodies, tanks and sweatshirts. The artwork isn't a problem and it's a great way for me to put something out there to the members that I don't feel guilty about taking money for. Our shirts have been less than you can find on ebay and to tell you the truth its been kinda fun making something for you guys... EVEN THE PINK ONES  
SHOCKED.gif

With all of that said I would like to introduce you to a new website that I have been slaving over for several months now. This new site allows folks to order shirts online using paypal and credit cards for those that just don't like paypal. You can put more than one shirt on an order, you get email notifications and you can choose your shipping rate. Once the order is taken we get notified and when your order is filled you get a notification email with a tracking number...... The site has a secure certificate and all transactions are encrypted and protected. There are tons of options, you will need to create an account there, I promise not to sell your information. There is just one small caveat, I have shirts in stock but if I run out of the particular shirt you choose it might still take me a couple of days to get it made and sent to you. If that happens we can work something out, it's going to take me a little time to build up inventory.

Now here is the good part.... Right now I only have Hayabusa Shirts on the site but we will be adding shirts for other bikes and general cycling shirts as well. We will be taking ideas and hopefully we can get enough orders from folks outside the Hayabusa community that I wont have to ask for donations anymore... I am truly working to that goal. I want a place where you can come and not have to give a dime...........

ladies and gentlemen can I introduce you to

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span>

We still have some work to do but the site is about 99% complete...

Please tell me that this is something you all support... If you have ideas for shirts please let me know....

Thank you all and I hope you like it.....

Doug King
Owner Hayabusa.Org & Bike-shirts.com

I support your Ideas. We all hope this works out for you and us.
beerchug.gif

lurk.gif
I love my T shirts, but don't mind the monthly donation either Cap. Please understand we give because we love this place

Click on the right side under categories where it says Hayabusa

(dadofthree @ Feb. 19 2007,21:39)
lurk.gif
I love my T shirts, but don't mind the monthly donation either Cap. Please understand we give because we love this place
Honestly I try to respond to all the donation emails but I am out of ways to say thank you with out it sounding like a canned report.

I will have to check the site out, I would like to order a shirt for the bash that will have my user name on it so people will know who i am. I know there was another effort out there to do the same thing, but if you can do it, I would like to spend my money with the .org.

I apprecaite all you do and giving us a place to hang out in the cyber world.

(fsusux @ Feb. 19 2007,22:11) Cap, with your permission I'll put a banner link on my site.
As one of my heros always said "Make it so fsusux"

Ok I made part of that up........

CAp

i likey
beerchug.gif
signed up with no problem...site looks good...this is going to make buying shirts much easier

and CAP, we don't donate because you ask (in fact, you fought us every step of the way
laugh.gif
) we donate because we love this place and have found something we value here and are just trying to help out a little...thank you for letting us hang out here
bowdown.gif

(captain @ Feb. 19 2007,20:00)
(dadofthree @ Feb. 19 2007,21:39)
lurk.gif
Honestly I try to respond to all the donation emails but I am out of ways to say thank you with out it sounding like a canned report.
If anyone needs to be thanked, it is you sir, and the others that donate their time to keeping us healthy

THANK YOU
bowdown.gif

(semi @ Feb. 19 2007,22:15) i likey
beerchug.gif
signed up with no problem...site looks good...this is going to make buying shirts much easier

and CAP, we don't donate because you ask (in fact, you fought us every step of the way
laugh.gif
) we donate because we love this place and have found something we value here and are just trying to help out a little...thank you for letting us hang out here
bowdown.gif
I dunno, maybe thats the reason this place thrives... Everyone is always looking out for the other guy.

Thanks for the kind words all....

Good Looking site.........I hope this prospers for you.

Now.........As soon as I see an XL PINK  
SHOCKED.gif
 Hoodie/style#2/White You'll have $$$ coming your way.

(mzrsq @ Feb. 19 2007,22:40) Good Looking site.........I hope this prospers for you.

Now.........As soon as I see an XL PINK  
SHOCKED.gif
 Hoodie/style#2/White You'll have $$$ coming your way.
Done!!!!!!

Back