What maintenance should I do at 15K miles?

Bluebusa60544

Registered
I’m doing chain, sprockets, wheel bearings, brake pads, brake lines, oil and filter, clutch fluid, and valve clearances. Gonna remove pair valve while I have it apart. Should I be checking throttle bodies or TPS? Anything else need looking at?

Wheel bearings are due to powdercoating wheels. Doing more reading on site and seems like you don’t mess with TPS on genII.

Looks like you have everything covered...I can't recall what the manual says to check but your list looks thorough.

I guess lubing all the hinge points wouldn't hurt (shifter, rear brake, clutch, front brake, throttle cables, etc....)

Check/adjust valves, timing, synch/adjust throttle bodies, adjust clutch, change the oil, filter, antifreeze, spark plugs, check/adjust all cables, brakes, tire pressures, wheel bearings, swingarm bearings, steering head bearings, lube/adjust the drive chain, service the air filter, take the battery out, charge it, check electrical, charging system, clean and test ride . . .

Antifreeze will prob gets changed because removing radiator would make exhaust and pair block offs easier to access. I was gonna look at plugs since they’ll come out to check valves. Bike has 15K. Should plugs be changed anyway?
Thanks for responses even if it means my list is growing.

Back