Who is doing what maintenance/upgrades?

IG.

Registered
With all this weather, snow, cold and all, it is a perfect time to do maintenance/upgrades. I am curious to know who is doing what?

Here is my short list...

• Install Moto-Raptor radar detector (done).
  • Clean/oil K&N air filter.
  • Lube the chain (never hurts, right?).
  • Install iridium spark plugs.
  • Install speed bleeders (for the front brakes, the rear brakes, not sure if I have one for the clutch).
  • Install Galfer SS braided lines for the front brakes, the rear brake, and the clutch.
  • Replace brake fluid (will happen anyway while changing the lines).
  • Clean caliper pistons.
  • Install Vesrah brake pads.
  • Fix USB adapter which plugs into a cigarette lighter adapter in the tail, and often loses connection (vibrates out). I am using USB adapter to power my GPS. Maybe some custom bracket will hold it in place.
  • Put on a new set of BT016 (closer to spring).

I have a short list for mine as well.
* new grips
* shorty levers
* powder coat rear pegs and axle blocks
* Avon storm 2 tires
* electronic cruise control
* vortex rear sets
* galfer ss clutch line
* trac king clutch, ape springs
* slave brace
* factory pro shift star
* double HID retrofit
* high flow air filter
I also would like to figure out how to wire the toggle switch to run two maps. I lost a lot of mpg when I had it dyno tuned. Would like to have a map that was more tour friendly.

Can I see how you installed the RD? Mine is still sitting on the workbench. I also tried to install the upgraded shear blocks but I could not get the sprocket back on as the shear blocks are too tight!

20150207_160707_resized.jpg

Fallen, I had to place my wheel on 2X4's to protect the rear brake rotor and actually had to stand on the rear sprocket to press it in. Make sure it is completely seated. You do not want the rear sprocket to have any wobble in it.

I ride year round and just end up doing basic maintenance. The last thing I did was have the gauges worked. Last year about this time I installed a Battery Tender Li battery. Happy so far. Cranked on 16 degree day. That was my biggest question about this battery. I have brake pads EBC Extreme Pro up front and EBC crap for the rear. I will be buying Michelin Road 4 tires soon and when I install the tires the brake pads will be installed. Just changed the oil last week.

With all this weather, snow, cold and all, it is a perfect time to do maintenance/upgrades. I am curious to know who is doing what?

Here is my short list...

• Install Moto-Raptor radar detector (done).
  • Clean/oil K&N air filter.
  • Lube the chain (never hurts, right?).
  • Install iridium spark plugs.
  • Install speed bleeders (for the front brakes, the rear brakes, not sure if I have one for the clutch).
  • Install Galfer SS braided lines for the front brakes, the rear brake, and the clutch.
  • Replace brake fluid (will happen anyway while changing the lines).
  • Clean caliper pistons.
  • Install Vesrah brake pads.
  • Fix USB adapter which plugs into a cigarette lighter adapter in the tail, and often loses connection (vibrates out). I am using USB adapter to power my GPS. Maybe some custom bracket will hold it in place.
  • Put on a new set of BT016 (closer to spring).

One nice thing about Iridium spark plugs on a Gen 1 turbo - they make your wallet lighter, and you go faster! :rofl:

Can I see how you installed the RD? Mine is still sitting on the workbench. I also tried to install the upgraded shear blocks but I could not get the sprocket back on as the shear blocks are too tight!

Arch, you must've missed it. The link is right in the original thread (post#95). Here is the direct link as well:

Moto-Raptor write-up

As to the rear sprocket going back, it's very easy: stick plenty of grease inside every slot and around the sprocket, and it will go in relatively easy, and all the way. No jokes, please, LOL.

Im maintaining my petrol tank with the highest octane availiable - 98 , then watching my fuel gauge go down and do it all again :laugh:(weekly) oh and watching the tyre degradation..:race: love this time of year :yes:

Short list for me as well. This is what I have done so far:
1. Change oil and filter.
2. Clean and oil K&N air filter.
3. Cut off rear fender and relocate rear turn signals.
4. Install LED headlight.
5. Install double bubble windscreen.
6. Fabricate mount for GPS and wire it in.
7. Re-assemble bike.
8. Drop bike into front of BMW.
9. Beat head against wall...repeatedly.
10.Order new mirrors from Pashnit to replace broken one.
11.Begin search for gas tank without huge nasty dent in left side.

1397, ported head, cams, race cut trans, billet output shaft, 4 over arm, short stacks and a tune

I did a post in December similar to this topic - The link for it is below if anyone wants to check it out.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/185921-winter-spring-busa-projects.html

My short short list I made when I started the above thread has grown, so I will update it here.

Nothing major like engine work, but overall it will be a better, safer bike - at least I think it will be.

Added a Genmar riser ¾"
Added a GPI behind the tech.
Added a switch to turn off headlight while starting.
Added a Brake flasher module.
Added fairing screens - Bright

Adding a USB duel port for charging stuff.
Adding a supersprox
Adding wheel graphics for visibility and zing.

Modified gaps around front turn signal lights.

Extended front fender ? ??? ???

And of course cleaning. :whistle:

Nice wr4iteup. You da man! I think I will follow your lead on the mounting.

Thanks, Arch. It was a bit of a pain in the butt - literally. Had to sit in front of the bike on a small stool, the front wheel between my leg, and poke around the nose to find the best location. Needed a third hand to hold the light. It was worth it though. Can't wait to go for a ride.

You snowed in?

Yep! Another 4-8" today. Will start in a few hours. We gotta come up with something so that we can ride in snow/ice. That would be cool. I was thinking about putting spikes in my old tires. The problem is that spikes would work on ice, but the moment you get on the asphalt/soft snow, it won't.

I was delaying most maintenance until snow days. Working on the bike partially compensates for withdrawals. Once in a while I would even open the garage door and idle the bike for 5-10 min. I put fuel stabilizer in the fuel, so I don't have to replace fuel or anything, but it's just fun to hear the engine, and let neighbors know that I am still here, LOL.

Dang, I overpaid $10 for them. So, how often do you recommend to change plugs? I know the manual says every 7500 miles. Every 15-20k would allow me to skip every other time or so.

Wow, you cheatin' on me?:poke:

Back