What Maintenance is needed.

Mugga

Registered
Hey fellow Busa riders. I'm new to this group and this is first post. So if I'm not going thru the proper steps of posting, please let me know so I can correct it. Question: I've been deployed for almost a year and my Busa sat up for that time for the most part. I've had a keep an eye on it and he started it once or twice but not enough in my mind. Now that I'm back and been riding it, I've noticed a long push on the push start switch before turning over and also a sluggish lag in acceleration when twisting the throttle. Would a regular maintenance tune-up correct this problem? If so, what all would I need to get done to get my baby back to pre-deployment riding?

:welcome: to the oRg and thank you for your service. 1st thing I would do is change the oil and get all of that gas out, fresh gas and maybe a little seafoam should get you up and running. What year is the bike?

What he said. Dump in some seafoam, and make sure your battery is up to snuff. Worst thing you can do is let one sit! Check your tires good for dry rotting, too

Twotonevert: you're welcome to the serving my country comment. I have a 05 blk/grey Busa...I will post a pic when I get a chance to do more to my profile. Thanks for responding, I will definitely be getting the oil changed and put fresh gas into it. I've never heard of seaform, I'll google it shortly to see what's that about.

:welcome: to the board...like the others have said; fresh gas and oil, probably going to need a new battery unless you left it on a battery tender while gone (thanks for your service! :bowdown:), and i would also check and possibly replace the spark plugs and air filter depending on mileage on them with it being an '05 if they haven't been changed before

I also forgot to mention the battery. It's cheap insurance and should solve the slow cranking.

If it sat with old gas and you ran it, you may need to clean your fuel filter. However, that's a PITA, so do the basic maintenance stuff first. Check your plugs, clean/replace your air filter, drain/replace gas (add seafoam as mentioned above). If it's still running crappy, you'll prolly need to clean your fuel pickup screen and filter.

Big THANKS to everyone that responded. Everyone responses is greatly appreciated. I'm going to drain and refill ALL fluids, replace plugs & filters (air, oil and fuel)...better safe than sorry. It feels GREAT being back on it after not riding for over a year.

Don't forget the brakes! If it's been sitting that long you might want some fresh fluid in them. Thanks for your service & welcome aboard. Be safe out there - cagers are every bit as dangerious as unfriendlies!

Thanks again everyone. @ #1busa...thanks for that link, it's makes it easy to know what exactly needs to be done.

God bless you for your service to your country, though am not from your country. How is the bike now?

Back