Who is doing what maintenance/upgrades?

Can I see how you installed the RD? Mine is still sitting on the workbench. I also tried to install the upgraded shear blocks but I could not get the sprocket back on as the shear blocks are too tight!

Use some light spray lube, either silicone or WD 40
Then the carrier will go right in!

Well, I'm getting my turbo ready so it's shipable. It's going to Franks from hartford, Ct. :banana: Getting shipping quotes now....My Baby Is Sick And She Needs The Doctor!! :happy:

Little update on the crush drives. The rubber pieces have little raised areas on them. One side has 2 the other has 3. The side with 3 bumps goes out. I had this reversed, which is why when I lubed up the sprocket side and pushed it in, it just spit it right out. Flipped them over and went in no problem. So that's what that manual is for :whistle:

Turbo install with some of my own touches and full custom down pipe and dual exhaust! Also Brembo 19 mm clutch setup. Clearing the entire bike, paint calipers. I have mint farings for sale since I bought new ones from dealer.

Little update on the crush drives. The rubber pieces have little raised areas on them. One side has 2 the other has 3. The side with 3 bumps goes out. I had this reversed, which is why when I lubed up the sprocket side and pushed it in, it just spit it right out. Flipped them over and went in no problem. So that's what that manual is for :whistle:

LOL... Life's rule: when all else fails, read the manual.

I think stockers are non-biased. Are you referring to the instructions which came with your aftermarket cush drives?

I just checked Hayabusa manual, and it refers to the cush drive as 'wheel damper'. The only instructions I could find were: "Inspect the damper for wear and damage. Replace the damper if there is anything unusual".

Man, what a "valuable" suggestion from Suzuki!

I actually missed this a couple times too. It is on the right last item in the Caution notes above the picture.

150215 Manual page.jpg

Does it count if I did the upgrades earlier this winter?

New front/rear sprockets (18/38), new chain
New rear tire (Pirelli Angel GT A-Spec)
Cleaned out A LOT of old chain gunk.... possible that it had never been cleaned before it was mine. Took longer than the sprockets.
New oil
Removed chain guard- really makes the bike look better
Disabled GIPro, but still plan to use the gear indicator
New front/rear Pitbull stands
Took exhaust apart to try to remove baffles, but I don't know that this is possible. SBK Leo Vince... no screws found. If you know how, I'm listening!

I would love to find new mirrors (I don't care for stock), but I haven't seen anything that I really like. I've heard that some use Gixxer mirrors, but I haven't taken a look at them yet. For all the aftermarket accessories available, I was surprised to see that there aren't a lot of mirrors available that are actually functional.

Since I ride two up often (either my wife and I, or my oldest boy), I'd like to find a rear seat backrest that is removable when it's just me riding.

Most everything on my bike is

Why did you change the ratio on sprockets to be quite taller? Save gas, avoid vibration at a certain rpm, LSR with your wife in the back, LOL? How differently does it feel in all gears, especially in lower gears?

Why did you disable GIPro, what does it do besides showing the gear you are in, and how can you still see the gear if it is disabled?

I've got carbon fiber mirrors sitting on the shelve. Came with the bike from the previous owner. Somehow, the mirrors were slightly moving (like something was loose inside), and the previous owner said that's how he got them brand new. I just went into the garage and checked, and they seem to be OK, and not moving at all. Go figure. If interested, I can post pictures.

I guess I changed them more for comfortability at higher speeds.... interstate. I feel like I actually have a little more room for riding and not just shifting at lower gears, which I like. I'm usually at right around 75-80, and I wanted to reduce the rpm's with hopes that this might increase gas mileage a little. And, I feel like I can go further in 1st gear before needing to shift. Why? I have no idea, but I just like it. I think that, theoretically, it would make for a higher top speed, but unless I were on a track with no chance for something jumping out at me or hitting a piece of gravel, I have no intentions of cranking up the speedo. It just feels more comfortable me at a lower rev at 80.

The GIPro.... I originally put it on because I felt some sort of a hesitation and [light] surging between 3-4K- lower power, riding in town. It smoothed it out but, the bike ran really rich and, while it smoothed it out, the bike was smelling like gas. Also, at idle, the rev wasn't stable/consistent until it was warm. As soon as I disabled the GIPro, it idled perfectly smooth, even when cold. And no rich gas smell. I still have it on for the gear indicator (2004, so no factory gear indicator). I haven't been able to ride much since disabling it, so I don't know if the surging will come back. There seems to be no easy answer for the surging issue, as everywhere I have read says that this is relatively normal for a busa (not very encouraging, but that's the best I found). I suppose that it's possibly a fuel pump clog issue- the bike has about 42K on it now. If it gets worse, that's probably where I'll look. (changed plugs, did not do a sync yet)

I would be up for suggestions on new mirrors. They're just really big, and I wouldn't mind some with a lower profile.

Thanks for sharing details. I am always curious about others' experience. The mirrors I have look exactly like stockers, but with carbon fiber instead of plastic, so not lower profile.

THe Gixxer 1K mirrors are smaller but still give a good rear view. I got some from Pashnit in CF for a great price. Like them a lot.

I've heard that the GSXR mirrors are a good substitute. I've just never thought to look ot check them out. Are they in Pashnit's store? I'll check tonight.

Getting my bike ready for 2015 riding season and will be changing and or replacing the air filter.
QUESTION: If I go with a hi-flow filter like the K&N will it effect the fuel mixture, will it run rich or lean with a K&N air filter??

THe Gixxer 1K mirrors are smaller but still give a good rear view. I got some from Pashnit in CF for a great price. Like them a lot.

You got a close up picture of those CF mirrors by chance? Been sitting on the fence about these.

the 1k mirrors was the last thing i put on after the yoshi r-77's and it make the bike profile look better without the rubber stalk cover of the factory ones. i did take a break from buying stuff for the bike but its still moto related as it will help me move the bike from town to town... got to love the pitbull trailer restraint system

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got through my short little list and have been out riding a few times. All I did this year was:

Very thorough detailing of entire bike with full wax.
Change oil and filter.
Change brake fluid front and rear.
Totally degrease and clean chain, re-lube with DuPont chain wax.
New GPS to replace the old non-functioning one.

And my tune up for this year was to lose 40lbs over the winter and start stretching my 40 year old muscles so I could ride better/safer. Plus I figure dragging 40 less pounds around means faster acceleration too! Almost there, 10 more LBS to go now and I will meet that goal. Should be at my target by Eureka Springs M&G.

Got through my short little list and have been out riding a few times. All I did this year was:

Very thorough detailing of entire bike with full wax.
Change oil and filter.
Change brake fluid front and rear.
Totally degrease and clean chain, re-lube with DuPont chain wax.
New GPS to replace the old non-functioning one.

And my tune up for this year was to lose 40lbs over the winter and start stretching my 40 year old muscles so I could ride better/safer. Plus I figure dragging 40 less pounds around means faster acceleration too! Almost there, 10 more LBS to go now and I will meet that goal. Should be at my target by Eureka Springs M&G.

Well done!! Every time I lose a little weight I end up finding it again.

Back