20,000 miles Maintenance

donor

Registered
Just interested in what I should do. Back when I bought the bike there was no owner's manual.All I have done in 10,000 plus miles is oil changes and chain lube. Should I start thinking about more serious maintenance for the Busa?

Valve inspection/adjustment was supposed to be done @ 15k...plugs and a throttle sync every 7500 :whistle:

alright thanks for the info and sarcasm cause we all no we can't just get an answer around here :whistle:

Depending on how old the bike is and in what condition it was kept, you might look at the rubber hoses and lines for signs of deterioration. If you're riding on what might be the original chain, you'll probably want to have a look at that, too.

Just some thoughts for you.

I don't remember welcoming you to the board, so if I did, sorry for the redundant :welcome:.

Ride safe, yo!

Thanks for the :welcome: and the info guys looks like a good winter project to attack. To bad I'm mechanically challenged but $50 an hour for shop time :moon: Not in the budget now.

Thanks for the :welcome: and the info guys looks like a good winter project to attack. To bad I'm mechanically challenged but $50 an hour for shop time :moon: Not in the budget now.

You're lucky. $90 / hour around here. 2 hours for oil change :whistle:

Back