What else should I do?

zoomsplat

Registered
Here's my setup.  I've got a K&N OEM replacement air filter.  The pair valve is removed.  I've got Yosh RS3 slipons, with all of the packing removed, but baffles left in.  Stock Header pipe, and a stage 3 yosh re-map.  Should I do the air box mod, and if yes, which one?  Also, is my remap too high.  The yosh remap I used plugged directly into the computer and had five stages. I set mine at three, but there is alot of black soot accumulating on my pipes.  Seems to be too rich.  There's also 50,000 kms on the bike, so maybe, it may need new valve stem oil seals or rings, or both.  Just wanted to know what you thought.  
rock.gif

I know Johnny Cheese is closing his shop, but you may want to get in touch with him.

Thanks guys.  I've always done my own tuning in the past, and I will be replacing my own rings or whatever the engine may need this winter.  The thing is, I don't know how high a range the yosh box is, when it comes to jetting.  This is the first fuel injected bike I've owned.  Any of the old Kawi triples, the RD's, RZ's, GT's, or the Gixxer 750 or the V-Max's I've owned int the past, it was just a matter of pipe it, put a filter in it, and play with the jets, needles, and air screws.  Don't get me wrong, other than the fuel filter problem, the bike runs like a top, and hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.  I guess, like all of us Busa owners, I'm a horsepower junkie just lookin' for another dose.  You get used to the horsepower, and are always looking for more.  
super.gif

Thanks.  Dynos are hard to come by in up here in Newfoundland.  I only know of one around here, and I don't think it's been used in years.  I don't know if they even know how to use it!!  That's the sucky part of being on an Island that takes a day to get off of, and a fortune to do it at that.  Thanks once again for your input.

Back