what kind of helmet do you wear?

I have a shoei X-9 Scott Russel edition (by Troy Lee), which doesn't quite match the bike (except a screaming indian in the back) but I don't give a damn; it's as bright as it can get. When I had a blackbird with a "matching" helmet, an a**hole cut right in front of me because he didn't see me, so I've had it with "matching" apparel. Don't be discouraged though, the busa is much brighter than the XX, but I like my helmet and I'm sticking with it.

I have a Shoei X-9 in Monza Red - great helmet with good ventilation and a very easy to change face shield mechanism. Last helmet I had was an Arai Freddie Spencer replica, another great helmet.

FC -

I have mine and passenger XSP's and I can DEFINITELY recommend them. Not only are they comfortable for the long haul, they quick release visors cut down on noise and hassle. Also, the ventilation is phenomenal.

~BP

Arai Quantam E in any color(my current is the white Raptor), I like Shoei X9's too but the Arai has better ventilation for me.

Well, the helmet that I found that matches the Black/Silver Busa is a Full Carbon Bullson helmet. It has natural carbon fiber with some silver accents and a little bit of red strategically placed. It not only looks great, it weighs half of what a regular helmet does (even the almightly Arai must be awed by the lack of mass this helmet has).

-Dana

Shoei x-9 eggshell with semi obnoxious stickers to dress it up. Titanium shield goes nicely with copper Busa and helps 'spaceman' look.

Never wore a helmet on the road before the busa but I got a HJC CL12 and I wouldn't leave home without it.

What's a troy lee stabilizer?

Anybody ever hear of a defect in an Arai helmet? To my surprise, and the service guy's, when I went to the shop last week to pick up my new '00 Arai Quantum/e in solid silver I had on order, right out of the box we found that the exit vents at the back of the helmet were loose and about to fall off; the adhesive wasn't sticking, and I was able to peel off the vent with no effort, using two fingers.

I reordered another one; should be in this week. The Arai fits my head better, and I still love Arais, and think this was just a fluke. I'm switching from a black helmet to a silver, to see if it will be more cooler in hot weather. The silver might also look good with my blue/silver Busa.

[This message has been edited by Sarge (edited 12 January 2000).]

This is a new post of an old topic. Have U ever noticed that after hayabusa.org accepted new members there seems to be the same questions that the new ones wants answers on that we had in the beginning ?

Anyhow. Uvex CARBON SR1 980g 500$

I've got a Shoei RF800 Pascal Picotte with a blue uridium(sp?) shield. BRIGHT A$$ HELMET! Safety orange and it just looks EVIL!!! I am constantly getting told by people in cars or other riders how much it stands out!! If you cant see this thing you didnt look! Damn near glows in the dark!

[This message has been edited by Mr9R (edited 12 January 2000).]

Back