What is the quietest helmet

I don't think that there is such a thing as a quiet helmet. I have a HJC CL14, and just bought a Shoie RF 1000, Shoie may be a little quieter, but not enough to matter. But the Shoie is much lighter and ended a problem with pain in the back of my neck after riding for a few hours.

The quietest helmet?...hmmm...think I found it...

geocities.com domain gone

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

try ear plugs.
Don't want em!  They'll interfere with the Chatterbox.

I have been looking at the Shoei X-11, and the Arai Cors.

I did notice that the noise level went up when I installed the Puig racing screen.  I think I'm going to try the Puig Touring screen also.
Ear Plugs should not interfere with your Chatterbox, I use ear plugs with a helmet while flying a helicopter that is twice as noisy as a drag bike and have no problems hearing comm radios or even cd player.
The earplugs can also reduce what you can hear going on around you.  That could be suicide on I-5 in Seattle.

My goal is the helmet with the least wind noise.  My Arai is okay, but I wanted to know if there are any other high-end helmets that would be quieter than the Aria Astral-X.

Thanks.
Sorry man, I am confused here.

If you are looking for a quiet helmet, that equates to sound attenuation. Which is exactly the same thing that ear plugs do.

If you are worried that ear plugs will make it so quiet that you will not hear traffic, what do you think a really quiet helmet will do??

Those cheapo little foam earplugs definitely do not deaden what you will hear in traffic that much, unless you embed them into your ear canals

If you want to reduce the wind noise, the touring screen will surely help.......

try ear plugs.
Don't want em!  They'll interfere with the Chatterbox.

I have been looking at the Shoei X-11, and the Arai Cors.

I did notice that the noise level went up when I installed the Puig racing screen.  I think I'm going to try the Puig Touring screen also.
Ear Plugs should not interfere with your Chatterbox, I use ear plugs with a helmet while flying a helicopter that is twice as noisy as a drag bike and have no problems hearing comm radios or even cd player.
The earplugs can also reduce what you can hear going on around you.  That could be suicide on I-5 in Seattle.

My goal is the helmet with the least wind noise.  My Arai is okay, but I wanted to know if there are any other high-end helmets that would be quieter than the Aria Astral-X.

Thanks.
Sorry man, I am confused here.  

If you are looking for a quiet helmet, that equates to sound attenuation.  Which is exactly the same thing that ear plugs do.

If you are worried that ear plugs will make it so quiet that you will not hear traffic, what do you think a really quiet helmet will do??

Those cheapo little foam earplugs definitely do not deaden what you will hear in traffic that much, unless you embed them into your ear canals

If you want to reduce the wind noise, the touring screen will surely help.......
Okay. Maybe I can clear this up a bit more for ya.

I want the helmet with the least wind noise (ie. quieter on the freeway) for long trips. The helmet skirt may do the job, so I'll try that first.

Does that help?

Wish 'ya luck on finding it. I have looked online for about 2 weeks straight with no results. Finally had to settle for the racing screen which I ordered this past Wednesday.
I'll call my local shop.  Everett Powersports.  They got the racing screen in 2 days, and they said they could have the touring screen in about a week.
If they can get the Puig touring screen in a week get me one ( Dark Smoke ) too! I'll call them with my CC# SERIOUSLY!
About the noisy helmet... My Arai RX-7 Corsair (Wraith Blue) I just sold was WAY noisier than the Shoei RF-1000 (TC-2 Nerve) That I got two weeks ago. The Arai came with a cardboard box, manual, stickers, helmet bag and shield lube. The Shoei came with all that (Minus Lube) plus a breath guard and Chin Curtain included for $300 less! it is also much quieter and the rear vents act as head stabilizers at speed to reduce drag and pull on your neck. Does not flow air as well as the Arai but not enough to cause discomfort in any way. Actually I'll like that come winter! There's my .02
Don't forget about the Puig Touring screen! If your guys can get it lemme know
wink.gif

oops double post ... truwrecks ... you ever talk to your dealer about hookin a bro up with the Puig Touring screen?

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118849612 -->

I have the Shoei X-11 as well, and just as the others have mention its an excellent lid for ventilation. I like it and to me its a fairly quiet helmet. It doen't blockout all the noise, but it's tolerable. I have riden over 350 miles in one day, and although I was Fatigued, it wasn't because of noise pollution.

BigK

After further review of my Shoei X-11, which I've had about a year, I can honestly said its not that quiet after all. I never really notice until it was brought up on this board. The ventilation as mentioned earlier is superb, but because of more air circulating throughout the helmet, the more noise as well.

BigK

Back