What is the quietest helmet

TruWrecks

Banned
You know the commuting and 60-80 mph type riding. Most helmets will get plenty noisy after that.

I currently have a Aria Astral-X and an HJC F-10. Both are descent lids, but I want to find a quieter helmet for longer rides.

Any suggestions?

Well I got the ZG touring screen at my door, I'll let you know how that affects noise. I use an RF1000 helmet which is fairly quiet, but things still get noisy in the wind and speed.

The Puig DB screen is buffets more than following a semi-truck down the freeway. It'll be great for 140+ runs, but really poor for long rides (say 200+ miles or more daily).

try ear plugs.
what about cotton balls???
Tried that one! Thanks anyway.
wink.gif

try ear plugs.
Don't want em!  They'll interfere with the Chatterbox.

I have been looking at the Shoei X-11, and the Arai Cors.

I did notice that the noise level went up when I installed the Puig racing screen.  I think I'm going to try the Puig Touring screen also.
Ear Plugs should not interfere with your Chatterbox, I use ear plugs with a helmet while flying a helicopter that is twice as noisy as a drag bike and have no problems hearing comm radios or even cd player.

try ear plugs.
Don't want em!  They'll interfere with the Chatterbox.

I have been looking at the Shoei X-11, and the Arai Cors.

I did notice that the noise level went up when I installed the Puig racing screen.  I think I'm going to try the Puig Touring screen also.
Ear Plugs should not interfere with your Chatterbox, I use ear plugs with a helmet while flying a helicopter that is twice as noisy as a drag bike and have no problems hearing comm radios or even cd player.
The earplugs can also reduce what you can hear going on around you. That could be suicide on I-5 in Seattle.

My goal is the helmet with the least wind noise. My Arai is okay, but I wanted to know if there are any other high-end helmets that would be quieter than the Aria Astral-X.

Thanks.

The Schuberth S1 is supposedly the quietest helmet on the planet. It is also the heaviest by a wide margin.

Arai RX7-Corsairs are supposed to be quite good (better than the Astrals from what I understand), as are Shark RSRs Both better than the Shoei RF-*00s.

Seems to me that the more vents you have the more noise you will have. If you want ventilation(vented helmet), ear plugs might be the only answer..

Z-II shoei is noisey, but vents well..

If you are so concerned about "wind noise", then the solution is simple. Get a helmet wind scarf. It goes over the underside of the helmet where your head goes. But it leaves a smaller hole so you stick your head through and it basically conforms to your neck size.

This is where the wind gets into most helmets. To block that area will reduce the wind noise significantly. You wont have added any weight to the helmet, and you wont have changed how much sound enters your ears.

You will have simply changed the amount of "wind" that gets into your earspace.

If you are so concerned about "wind noise", then the solution is simple.  Get a helmet wind scarf.  It goes over the underside of the helmet where your head goes.  But it leaves a smaller hole so you stick your head through and it basically conforms to your neck size.

This is where the wind gets into most helmets.  To block that area will reduce the wind noise significantly.  You wont have added any weight to the helmet, and you wont have changed how much sound enters your ears.

You will have simply changed the amount of "wind" that gets into your earspace.
Any suggested sources for a wind scarf? That might help keep the dust out of my contacts also.

Wish 'ya luck on finding it. I have looked online for about 2 weeks straight with no results. Finally had to settle for the racing screen which I ordered this past Wednesday.

Wish 'ya luck on finding it. I have looked online for about 2 weeks straight with no results. Finally had to settle for the racing screen which I ordered this past Wednesday.
I'll call my local shop. Everett Powersports. They got the racing screen in 2 days, and they said they could have the touring screen in about a week.

I'll call my local shop.  Everett Powersports.  They got the racing screen in 2 days, and they said they could have the touring screen in about a week.
If they do get them in, let me know would you? I'd be interested in getting a touring one as well... the only other place I know can get it is cyclescreens.com, but they order them in an as-ordered basis, so it would take like six weeks to get in from spain.

I'm calling my dealer now. He's looking for a few touring screens. He said it's the Puig or Speed Screens Euro. He's going to call me later with his findings.

Back