What Is It About My 'Busa

Dr Geekenstein

Registered
Actually try to race me
rock.gif
??

Beautiful weather yesterday here in DFW TX, almost 80 deg with sunny skies, no wind and what a perfect day to take a ride. So I get off work at 2 PM, and have some errands to run so of course off on my baby to tool around town here and there to take care of biz.

Now to the point of my post =)

At almost every red-light or stop sign I came upon, the cager next to me (or in front or back of me) wants to test his cage's speed capabilities. Could hardly believe they wanted to race me, and of course I don't waste my time racing a Nissan P/U or whatever they may have been driving. I make a turn on a neighborhood thru street, and this small car decides he wants to beat me around a corner, of course that didn't happen and I continue on about a mile to my next turn, when I get to it, I put my signal on to turn right, a cage is at the intersection and he wants to make a left which he proceeds to do when he sees me slowing with turn signals on, and the cage that was racing me comes up passing me and of course you know what happened.....BAM...a collision in the middle of the street where the cager was making his left and the idiot that was "racing" me was doing about 60 or so MPH. I went on and made my right turn, saw the collision in my rear view mirror, so I turn around to offer aid. The 2 cages were almost demolished, no serious injuries thank goodness, so I call 911 to tell them about it and take off to continue my errands.

What does the look of my 'Busa do to people ? They have been going nuts around here it seems, revving their engine and squealing off the stops, making an attempt to beat the fastest machine on earth off the line, and I don't even bother WOT as I take them with a normal take off most of the time.

Just thought I'd share my observations as of late.

I dont get that to much. But had watch a kid in a sport compact try to get this guy in a dodge viper to race at a stop light.

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099837225 -->

To quote a hilarious movie,

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>"It's good to be the king"!</span></span>

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099847721 -->

.....BAM...a collision in the middle of the street where the cager was making his left and the idiot that was "racing" me was doing about 60 or so MPH. I went on and made my right turn, saw the collision in my rear view mirror, so I turn around to offer aid. The 2 cages were almost demolished, no serious injuries thank goodness, so I call 911 to tell them about it and take off to continue my errands.

What does the look of my 'Busa do to people ?
The Busa is actually infused with the spirit of Charles Darwin. When lesser beings see it, they feel compelled to prove him right, and proceed to attempt to cleanse the gene pool... of themselves hopefully. Thankfully they didn't get you this time.

Cagers crack me up. Most of them (even the ones in very inferior and less than standard cages) think they can beat anything.
laugh.gif
Little do they know that the Busa doesn't even have to try with most cages to even get the holeshot at the greenlight or anywhere for that matter. The Busa will beat the pathetic cage in first gear alone, and then get some breakaway distance at second gear. Hell, there's still 4 more gears to go through. Just watch yourself out there b/c cagers sure "act" like they don't see you out there. Don't wanna get some dumbass changing lanes into you and not seein ya.

Very good post. There are a bunch of people like that here in Houston. Many of them fit a general description......some young or sometimes middle aged fugger in a Mustang, Camaro SS, Vette, POS Import, or even a a supercharged Neon (dumd-ass, rich kid) at any stop light. I think I get it a lot more cause I'm a pretty big dude, so they are thinking "I can take the big boy off the light" And for all of the above-mentioned I leave them staring at my a$$ once the light changes. Never been next to a Viper though. It is really no contest and I do more laughing than anything. Everyone wants to feel like they won, and I sure it leads to plenty of BS stories when they get around their friends ...... "Saw this fugger on a bike, and I left his a$$", when it is more like no they left your dumb ass to go flying down the street looking stupid.

The moral to the story is no one in a car outside of a Pro-Stock dragster or the street legal equivalent should test someone on a big sportbike 750 or better.

get plenty of that here in L.A. as well, just remember " They know who's there Daddy"
super.gif

I get quite a few people wanting to race my R1 when I'm on the highway, but I have to say I probably get more requests for wheelies than anything. On Sunday I had no less than 5 different cars try and get me to wheelie.

yup... I get wheelie requests too...
I remember this one dude expected me to wheelie my SV650... 650!!!, while going on the highway at 85 mph...
I dunno where the fug he expected me to pull the power out of...
I was already doing like 7k rpms.... i just looked at him like this -->
rock.gif

don't feel bad I had a Moped revving his engine trying to get me to race. I think most folks just want to see a good launch.

I have gotten to the point where I usually won't waste my time, tire or gas (let alone rolling the dice on a ticket) on these guys. However, there is always that one ya just can't let go....yesterday a dood in a late model firebird is behind me at the light. He's a cool one, actually has the miami vice song cranked up so loud I can hear it and his gal beside him. I am chuckling, thinking about Glen in the "Wedding Singer", the guy almost looks like him. Light turns, we go and this idiot swings wide and nails it. Never saw the car again. A shame, I wanted to ask him what happened..... must have missed a gear...
wink.gif

Back