Infineon raceway

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
I get to go to Infineon and Laguna this year (YeeeeHaaaaa!) and I was wondering what you all think about ride'in down there for the race on my bike.

Is it a bad idea to leave the bike parked for the day while were watching the races at either of these two places or would I be better off just taking the cage?

I really want to make a riding trip out of it but I was kinda worried my bike might not be there or damaged when we return. I have never been to Infineon or Laguna so it's all new to me and I'm not sure what the bike security situation is at this kinda of event.

i rode my bike down there from Sacramento for a AMA race a couple of years ago when i was stationed at Beale AFB... its just like your car... if you parked it there, would you worry about it the whole time you were in there watching the race??  there were so many bikes there it was unbelieveable... ride it, park it, enjoy the race, and ride it home.. you will have a good time!  just have to watch the weather down there by the bay... it changes quickly and sometimes for the worst!

<!--EDIT|TSgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141430492 -->

Security at race tracks (any race track) is what you got on your bike or vehicle and little to nothing else. Nobody, and I repeat, NOBODY will watch your bike. It's just an impossibility with 1000's of bikes. Best would be to dis lock, chain and cover it. Not that it would stop the real pros, but they would probably pass it by for easier prey because it would take too much time to mess with and someone might notice ! They would probably just go to the next NERD who just uses his key lock
laugh.gif

That's why if I take a bike to the races it's my Ducati . Ducati always has a Ducati area where you can park your bike with a ticket in a roped off area (SORRY
sad.gif
only Ducs allowed) . AND THEY WATCH
wink.gif
who goes in and out  
tounge.gif

I get to go to Infineon and Laguna this year (YeeeeHaaaaa!) and I was wondering what you all think about ride'in down there for the race on my bike.

Is it a bad idea to leave the bike parked for the day while were watching the races at either of these two places or would I be better off just taking the cage?

I really want to make a riding trip out of it but I was kinda worried my bike might not be there or damaged when we return. I have never been to Infineon or Laguna so it's all new to me and I'm not sure what the bike security situation is at this kinda of event.
If you take the cage to Laguna....you will probably miss all the races....traffic is a b!tch.

There are parking lots just for bikes, if you don't already have a preferred parking pass for Laguna you will be in a dirt lot. Just take something to put under your kickstand so it doesn't sink into the dirt...and if you go with a buddy just lock the bikes together and enjoy the races.

Infineon has mostly paved areas for their bike parking....just don't show up late and it's easy to get a good spot.

Sears Point (Infineon) has a motorcycle entrance at Gate 1 and a special paved parking area. From El Dorado I would definetly take the scooter....you can lane share on 37 and on the access road.
Laguna is a different story altogether. Most folks trailer they're bikes to within an hour or so of the facility and ride in on race day. One big problem: The track is on the old Fort Ord Army base. The roads are PRIVATE (public road rules do not apply) and barely wide enough for an SUV. Last year the Cops had an early Christmas ticketing lane sharers in a sea of parked cars waiting to enter and exit. It was an absolutely pathetic scene.
The MotoGP was outrageous...just be prepared for some serious frustration and a LEO on a mission.
wink.gif

Very cool!!...thanks guy's for the good info...were gonna ride then...I have a disk lock, cover, and my bud has a good chain&lock so we can lock em together. I mean, I know if they want it there gonna take it but I just wanted to see what you old hands had to say and I'm like'in what I hear.

Man, I can't wait to go...if anyone else around these parts is think'in about going let me know...maybe we could all ride down together...the more the merrier!
cool.gif
smile.gif

I'm near San Jose and will be at both races....you're gonna have a blast and riding there is a must.
wink.gif

Ride, traffic in and out of tracks suck! Plus parking is cheaper/easier on a bike.

Just FYI: Parking is free at Sears Point and Laguna. If your a Ducati owners member you get to park in a designated area and "hat check" your boots, helmet and leathers at Ducati Island.

Back