what HP shuld 2007 model have???

bartosh

Registered
hi guys
i just bought the beautiful all black busa :D
the previous owner claimed that this model has 160HP.
is this correct, coz i googled the spec and it shows 175HP?

thanks for ur advise

strage...
the bike went to the dyno garage and according to the test result the max power is 160HP. on top of that the bike has PC???
what can be wrong?

i dont really know coz i just got the bike. i am the third owner and the first owner has done the dyno with PC and yoshi cans.

You have standard and SAE results 160 is a good number for a stock Gen I. The gurus will be along.

Don't get caught up in dyno numbers. Too many variables and every dyno and dyno operator is different. Go ride :laugh:

stock shud be 170-175HP, why mine isn't. maybe i should get the bike checked in the garage for faults or something???

I know a few lad's with dyno's.
What do you want it to read ?
150? 160? 170? 180? 190? Very easy to do,
either by an bad operator or a crooked one.
There are several variables and its quite easy to get a "different"
reading from the guy down the road or even one day to the next.

Unless your putting bikes on back to back and only comparing them
to each other, folk take Dyno numbers as being waaaay to reliable.

My new 04 pulled 159.5,
My new B-King pulled 163.
(Im 100% sure I would get very different numbers if I shopped around)
Both ran well and did constant 10.3's at the strip in stock trim.

i want the bike to be 175HP without a PC. why the hell PC lowered down to 160HP i dont know???

Now be honest, your not listening are you ? . . . . . :whistle:

Your compareing a figure that a previous owner claimed or show's,

with a figure that you've had it tested at (with several variables)

against a number that you found somewhere on the internet ?

sorry Tony but i really wud like understand this tunning jargon. i know u guys are way too experienced than me :) if it is possible just make it plain "tune" language as possible please ;)
many thanks

Sorry if I came across a bit harsh.

Dont think all dyno's are equal.
They SHOULD be but there are a lot of reasons for them to be different.
Some dyno's and some dyno operators will give you different numbers.

I've seen a GSXR11 lose 18hp in 2 hours being trailered from 1 dyno to another !

Its hard to compare the last owners figures, with your figures and Suzuki's
"claimed" figures when they were done on 3 different machines, by 3 different
operators, 3 different days, different altitude, temp, etc etc.

i get ur point, i hope ;). i did not do any dynos as yet but i a willing to do one.
i wudnt like to repeat my self but if i'd put the original exhaust cans back in and disconnect the PC, wud i get the stock power from it or shud i come back to the dynos to tune it once more?

with nothing more than slip ons and a pc your not gonna get much better than that 160without the dyno lying to you, sure no 175 unless its a generous dyno. suzuki prolly gets there numbers from the crank and they most likely test in a facility with perfect conditions that will be hard to see in the real world. if it is running good then stop worrying about it and have fun with her.

yeah, this bike is running silky smooth indeed. u know what... i will make pics of the dyno results, a short video of what i have on her, just to make it all clear for u experienced guys and then u will judge if i have to make some work on her or not. i will try to make it as simple as i can, i will post in here a link to youtube if i can.
thanks

yeah, this bike is running silky smooth indeed. u know what... i will make pics of the dyno results, a short video of what i have on her, just to make it all clear for u experienced guys and then u will judge if i have to make some work on her or not. i will try to make it as simple as i can, i will post in here a link to youtube if i can.
thanks

Dude - give it up man! Really, it's an arbitrary number that could change for many different reasons. Why do you care if it has 10-15hp different? Enjoy your bike, forget the numbers. Damn, you're waay too caught up in this nonsense.

Jonny

Numbers are just numbers! It's how you enjoy and ride the bike that makes the world of difference. I have done a few more mods than you and made 161 whp but the feel of the bike in night and day! Don't get too caught up in number just enjoy the ride.

A stk Gen I motor(with stk exhaust) makes around 175 AT THE CRANK. I'm sure the #'s you are finding as to the Gen I "spec's" are as measured at the crank. They typically dyno 150-157ish to the wheel. Consider yourself fortunate that you are making 160 to the wheel with slip-on exhaust as most LOSE hp with the slip-ons. A PC is not gonna gain you a darn thing if your A/F is close AT WOT, which is where the dyno is measuring at. The PC CAN help your driveability considerably everywhere else though as the stk fueling is less than optimal down low and in the midrange.
The above #'s would be on a known accurate dyno with a competent operator. As has been mentioned several times above, dyno's and operators vary greatly. Also need to know if the readings you are seeing on the sheet are STD or SAE. Makes a difference.
Lots of variables...

hmmm it seems like i got my intel, thanks. i will post in here links to the dyno results so u can c this "STD or SAE".
cool

My 07 was dyno tuned by Chuck Wilburn of Tupelo, MS and pulled 159hp to the rear wheel with a PCIII and BMC Air Filter!

Back