What else do y’all ride?

…”Feels like a scalpel”

I had the same feeling with a Ducati 999 I had for awhile. Not an ‘all day’ cruiser at all. Felt real skinny but I got used to that just not the extreme lean forward with feet up high position it put me in.
Hi. My born in 1999 HD Softail and my born in1986 girl friend.

20220529_183911.jpg

My turbo bike, my dad’s old 2000 Wide Glide, my 2013 Ultra Classic and my 1987 Electra Glide Custom that was my dad’s as well. I tracked it down and bought it from the person he sold it to. Wife says that’s it. For now. Also have a 2010 TriGlide that was my dad’s too but I gave it to my brother. I didn’t care for the ride which is why I bought the Ultra Classic.
IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_1099.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_3349.jpeg

I love my 2020 BMW R1250GSA and its my bike of choice when I go riding out west to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and S Dakota. Great bike that handles really well, lots of torque and enough HP to make riding fun plus the bike is very comfortable to ride with plenty of carrying capacity.
1711504148854.jpeg

This is my 2022 BMW S1000XR day bike for short 100+ mile spirited rides, great bike but BMW really designed an exceptionally poor seat which gets uncomfortable in less than an hour.

1711504575690.jpeg

Riding is fun and it's always great to have more than one bike to choose from depending on where you plan to ride and if you're going away for a week or just a couple hours.

I love my 2020 BMW R1250GSA and its my bike of choice when I go riding out west to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and S Dakota. Great bike that handles really well, lots of torque and enough HP to make riding fun plus the bike is very comfortable to ride with plenty of carrying capacity.
View attachment 1680983
This is my 2022 BMW S1000XR day bike for short 100+ mile spirited rides, great bike but BMW really designed an exceptionally poor seat which gets uncomfortable in less than an hour.

View attachment 1680986
Riding is fun and it's always great to have more than one bike to choose from depending on where you plan to ride and if you're going away for a week or just a couple hours.

So cool.

View attachment 1680983

View attachment 1680986
Pretty sure I can see the cave that the Dead Sea Scrolls came out of upon that high ledge, centre in the shot….
Nice touring choice of bike and scenic locations!

View attachment 1680983

View attachment 1680986
I always was under the impression the XR was a 4 cylinder GS esque bike....

Their design and styling is very similar.

I recall once while travelling in the Canadian prairies, it was 0700 in the morning and I was on the hiway when in my rear view I saw a head light coming far in the distance....it seemed to gain on me very quickly and then pass....it was a fully laden GS and he was booking it.......I watched as he disappeared into the distance envying him.......

I recall once while travelling in the Canadian prairies, it was 0700 in the morning and I was on the hiway when in my rear view I saw a head light coming far in the distance....it seemed to gain on me very quickly and then pass....it was a fully laden GS and he was booking it.......I watched as he disappeared into the distance envying him.......
Hi. The Vulcan is being look at so may be it will be gone. I may replace it with a used Honda 1300. The Vulcan does nothing great but everything good. It is on the block for $4,000.00 hope to get the Honda for less than $2,000.00. Then the Honda will be for sale for $2,900.00.

Hi. The Vulcan is being look at so may be it will be gone. I may replace it with a used Honda 1300. The Vulcan does nothing great but everything good. It is on the block for $4,000.00 hope to get the Honda for less than $2,000.00. Then the Honda will be for sale for $2,900.00.
Although interesting, I fail to see how this equates to my post....

However, I digress......

Pretty sure I can see the cave that the Dead Sea Scrolls came out of upon that high ledge, centre in the shot….
Nice touring choice of bike and scenic locations!
That picture was taken at Badlands Natl Park in S Dakota about 50 miles or so east of Rapid City. It's a great park and the landscape makes you think you're on another world.

1711552952173.jpeg

1711552857662.jpeg

Last edited:

The GS is a great bike, plenty of torque and enough HP to be fun but doesn't compare to a Hayabusa in regards to engine performance but when I'm doing multi-day trips out west I'm more concerned with riding comfort, range and carrying capacity than I am speed so my GSA works. The XR is really a tall sport bike, similar to the GS but different enough it makes sense to own both.

Back