Winter upgrades what are you doing

Mathewrussell52

Registered
So I’m located in Iowa and it’s cold and the weather just seems to get worse everyday. So I just keep working on the busa. This winter I didn’t build the motor like I wanted to but. I just added a 6 over swing arm, a lowering triple tree, rebuilt the forks and seems like I’m blacking everything out I touch did the rear master cylinder and all the fairing bolts.

I’m fixing a small fuel leak I had from the tank feed.

Still need new chain, sprockets, rear brake line and figure out how I’m gonna mount the license plate.

Think that will be it this winter. The ground hog said only 3 more weeks fingers crossed.

B1CCF1CF-DC33-4B4A-B65A-491DE5FABA0A.jpeg

2FA8F8EF-FEF2-422D-91DF-8DAC4FA59DE8.jpeg

I have winter starting around May, goes for 3 months here in NZ, have just had an awesome summer's riding and winter is a good time to sort everything out for the next 9 months of riding.
I have a new set of tires I am fitting tomorrow at work, I have the rear shock linkage bearings to replace, the forks to refresh and possibly a large set of Titanium fasteners to fit. I'm considering the purchase of $2500 worth of Ti for a fraction of that cost, used but in excellent near new condition.
I want to get my wheels painted also, in the same electric blue as the rest of my bike.
I will be cleaning out the fuel tank and doing the PAIR removal and airbox mod.
Good times! :beerchug:

Hid lights being removed... getting gipro working... indicator light installed for intercooler/heat exchanger and pump (so I KNOW its all working)... more elecrtrical work... to unify and simplify.... plus my Carrazzeria front rim leaks air, so I have to install new wheel (wheel itself is junk) I'm working on a list. ill get it 100 percent.... its personal at this point.

I have winter starting around May, goes for 3 months here in NZ, have just had an awesome summer's riding and winter is a good time to sort everything out for the next 9 months of riding.
I have a new set of tires I am fitting tomorrow at work, I have the rear shock linkage bearings to replace, the forks to refresh and possibly a large set of Titanium fasteners to fit. I'm considering the purchase of $2500 worth of Ti for a fraction of that cost, used but in excellent near new condition.
I want to get my wheels painted also, in the same electric blue as the rest of my bike.
I will be cleaning out the fuel tank and doing the PAIR removal and airbox mod.
Good times! :beerchug:

What is this "Winter" you speak of bro?

...you knew it was coming sixpack.:laugh:

Adding compression to the 1441 bike with cams re-degreed and a prostreet cut trans. Took some weight out with an HRP upper triple tree, switched to a fuel cell and tank shell. Lowered the front a bit more.

I painted the slow bike (thread in the 1/4 mile forum) and am lowering it with a flat pan and sidewinder. Took some weight off it with a fiberglass tank (off the 1441 bike). Added R1 wheels for weight savings. Thinking about adding nitrous just because.

Probably some stuff I forgot.

Pretty much froze all week(off today),ocean temp. dropped to around 56 degrees with air temp.(in Newport Beach)about the same,plus windy/cloudy...hard on an old bastid bro.:laugh:

Ahhhhh dreaded winter. Powder coated the rims and the grill inserts candy red, extended out to the rear tail, air box mod, 2 short velocity stacks, smog block off plates, new chain, sprockets, brake line, relocate the license plate, smoked tail light, and hopefully a reflash...

Still working gonna finish this next week maybe.... think it’s time to do a clutch mod and still need to make a back rest for passenger.

My kids love to help or at least pretend. Lol still need to figure out how to mount lince plate let me know any suggestions. Last year I moded my rear foot pegs.

E4DB0DC6-7B6C-4935-82E1-1EB755DFEB82.jpeg

D914873C-02FE-4D37-90F6-4B24F889DF5D.jpeg

Back