Rear trunk ate through.....

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Not my bike...
Another Busa owner I bumped into the other day lowered his Bike (front/rear). Which looks good, however, the rear tire now makes contact with the undertail and has rubbed a hole through it............ Are there any fixes to prevent this from happening again? He was going to lay fiberglass/epoxy on the inside to repair, but didn't want the same condition to return. My bikes not lowered so I couldn't help him. One last thing, its a custom lowering job/parts. Every bump eats alittle more from the tail.......

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
Yeah evidently he has lowered it to low in the back or he is very heavy...Fix raise it up a notch in the rear that should do the trick...He can also stiffen the rear shock so that it doesn't have a lot of give...Mine is lowered front and back but I have not come close to the rear tire touching...If he does a lot of burnouts and the rear is to low that may be the cause...Just like drag cars when they burnout remember how the height of the tires grows???Same effect with a bike...

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Tell him to switch his dog bones with an SV650 and it will raise the rear end 2"!! Just kidding
biggrin.gif

Marc "Howlin Mad"

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
Mine is just strapped in the front...If I'm not on the track I like the normal height on the front...