Fairings Back From Painter

tinmann840

Registered
I got my lowers back from the painter today and he did a great job on matching the paint the only problem is the purple on the part of the upper that joins the lowers is not the same color purple as the rest of the bike. Not his fault though. That part of the fairing doesn't match the rest of the bike at all. He says he can fix that. Also instead of repairing my right side lower and painting he used another lower that he already had and cut the frame slider hole a half inch off center to the rear. But he didn't charge me for the lower so I really can't complain. Plus the after market Kanji's I bought are not the best looking. aside from that not bad for $400.00. Now I'm waiting on frame sliders. Any suggestion on how to widen the hole aside from taking it off and cutting the hole bigger?

DSCN0481.JPG

The purple on the uppper should be a decal..go to a sign shop and see if they can come close to the other shade..in the pic the purple on the loweres looks dead on to the tank purple..

The slider hole,just mark it and file it..you can ad black or chrome car sitck on door edge moulding to help cover the difference..or try to slot the slider mounting bolt hole itself or make a bracket for it to be centered..

If you have access to a Dremel tool with a small sanding sleeve it'll make opening that hole up a breeze.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back