What do you think

Hi Mr Brown. I know you have a better education than I. We did go different collage, yours taught you how to learn do look things up and teach.I when to trade school, 1 week class, 2 weeks shop The collage I went to [ the Army] taught me how to kill. May be I am missing the point, or seeing the hole thing wrong?May be you could expline it to me better.I would like to talk to you,but it seams that everyone likes to type to each other. My number is 508-496-3312.
The college I'm attending now isn't the only education I've received Mike. I grew up in Los Angeles in the 1980's. It wasn't a war, and the army didn't teach me how to kill, but I learned things, some of which I wish I hadn't. Most of my friends from that time are either dead or locked up. A couple of them will never get out of prison. Tried college for a few years and failed completely.
Then I worked jobs for years, retail, construction, running equipment, driving trucks, whatever paid the bills.
I had another opportunity to educate myself 20 years down the road and jumped on it. I've earned 3 levels of degrees and am working on the last. It's not just a matter of being taught to look things up, it's a matter of being able to both understand what the stuff I'm looking up says, and applying it to real life.

I don't see the point of discussing these statistics. Crime statistics by skin color or country of origin is as pointless as studying crime by height, weight or hair color. There are moral and immoral people of all walks, period. Asking people to abandon racial biases seems to be too much to ask, and that's a tragedy.

Back