Bought a flag today, tell me what you think....

I know this might seem out there but its a thought. I would build a nice box for it and maybe write a letter to put in it and one day return it to one of the children of the people you got it from. Maybe they would be a little more grateful. I am just glad it is in your hands either way. Thank you for saving it

Wow Cap. I could not imagine a person selling the flag, but what do I know. I would not even consider doing so. My father was at Omaha beach on D day, and I have some very special things he brought back with him, that I'm keeping for him, as he is still alive, but in a nursing home. Not surprised that Shawn offered his services to vabs. Shawn gave me something military related that belonged to his father, and no way would I consider selling it. My family was fortunate to have MC Mustang join us for thanksgiving two years ago, and he had the opportunity to meet and talk with my dad. I brought back an item that was with my dad when he hit Omaha Beach, and intend on giving it to Shawn next time we are together, knowing there could not be a better place on earth for the item to be, and the respect he will show it, just like the flag you bought Cap.

That is on our kitchen counter :)
Whew, that was a long response time...from 2014 until today......

When I retired part of our retirement process is to be presented with a flag.....one was going to be ordered and flown for a day over the HQ but I said I wanted the one already flying and has been flying for the past 3 months (they are changed every 3 months anyway).

The flag I got was a little bit frayed and faded and I like it a lot more than a new one...I asked them for a flag stand and it flies in my basement family room as opposed to be folded up and in a shadow box...

I also have a Canadian flag that was flown in Afghanistan that I fly outside on Canada Day...it is still carrying the dirt from Afghanistan....my wife said I should wash it but I refuse to do so....

Back