couldn't do it!

I made a similar decision when I was younger. I had a 78 Camaro with a built 454 the car would pull the front wheels off the ground. A spoiled rotten rich kid wanted to buy it. I took him for a test drive I drove. He was 16 with a fresh license in his hand. He got his license 2 days before. After I gave him the ride I informed him I will not sell him the car. we lived in a small town the whole town and towns around knew the car. Especially the cops. "don't know why or how" :whistle: Anyway he went home pissed off and brought daddy with him to buy the car. i told the father I will not sell you the car. The father proceeded to get hostile with me. After I explained the HP of the car and took the father for a ride by himself. He changed his mind and thanked me then slapped his son in the back of the head and said WHAT WERE YOU THINKIN? get in the car to his son :laugh: I just knew that kid would have killed himself in that car

You were right. Dealership near here sold a 600 to parents for their kid (16) took a corner too fast.
Co-worker and wife bought a 600 for their 16 yr old, he never made it home from the dealer.

I say you made the right call, YOU do what you can live with.. Unlike others that would sell it and toss in a free head stone..

I had a 1986 GSXR 1100 at the age of 17. My Dad had to co-sign the loan, but then again I had been on motorcycles since I was 8 years old and raced off road and some motocross. I also worked and paid for everything since I was 14 and i mean everything. I guess I was probably more mature than most teenagers. Now as far as my kids, no way in hell would I let them on a bike with that much power. My kids are way to immature. Don't know why but they are. It all depends on the kid and their maturity level. I think you were correct and not selling him the bike. Most kids today are just not as mature at this age as we all were back in the day.

Yes, You Did and I respect you for this and wish more were like yourself.
I used to own a VMAX with nitrous and a M&H car slick it was a beast of a ride. It was fast as hell and had just about the same amount of torque as a Cummins turbo diesel LOL! The downside it was a VMAX! Kind of like an old 66 GTO it was fast but it wouldnt handle! This bike has given me high speed wobbles countless times at 130+ mph frame flex hard in turns and the brakes were ****! I even snapped the rear swingarm during a 1st gear wheel hitting 2nd It was a death trap in the wrong hands.
I wouldnt sell it to who I thought would kill themselves on it. I waited and a guy from Kansas who own a custom metric motorcycle shop bought it. He deposited the money into my account and had a private company come and pick it up. I feel as I made a good decision.
Life isnt all about making a sale or money IMO.
rbayw5.jpg

Jeez, a busa at 18? I had a kid call me last month on my 600f4i. Never even ridden a dirt bike before. Said he liked the bike and wanted to come look at it, and asked if it was a good begineers bike. I had to say no. I would have felt like a douche if the kid wrecked on the way home.

I've had my busa up for sale for quite some time now. Today I had an 18 yr old kid stop by(senior in high school)and offer me 6500 for my bike. I told him sold! He was planning on picking it up tomorrow but I called him and told him I didnt feel comfortable selling it to a teenager. Question is did I make the right decision? I have been thinking about it all night and my gut feeling tells me I may have just saved his life!

Back