Old but still good - Joke

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Jimbo, a young dude from Arkansas, arrives in New York and goes to one of those "Sales of everything under one roof" places asking for a job.

The manager looks him up and down, kinda feeling sorry for him, trying to understand the Southern accent. He asks: "Well, do you have any sales experience." Jimbo answers, "Yes sir, I sold fertilizer before at the farmers co-op."

The manager feeling sorry for him: "OK, you start tomorrow morning, I will give you one week probation, you have to perform and I will check with you in the afternoon, to see how it's going."

The first day was a bit rough, but Jimbo, survived.

At 9:30PM the manager closes the doors and visits Jimbo.

Manager: "Jimbo, so how did you do on your first day and how many clients did you serve?"

Jimbo, a little scared, but answers without hesitation: "I served one client sir."

Manager: " You only served one client!!!!? Sheez, most of my reps serve at least 30 clients a day!!!! How much did this client spend?"

Jimbo: "He spent $214,000 sir."

Manager amazed and surprised: " $214,000!!!! What the heck did you sell him?"

Jimbo: "First I sold him a small fishing hook, then I sold him a pack of bigger hooks and then I sold him some real big hooks. I asked him about his rods and tackle and told him they was too light for the big hooks, so he bought a few big rods and more fishing tackle. Then I asked him where he goes fishing and he told me about this place in the East Coast I know nothing about, but with the looming storms I told him his boat sure is too small to go there fishing. So, I sold him your big boat with the two 200hp Yamaha outboards. Then we walked over to his old F150 and I told him bad idea to pull the boat with that, so he bought a new double cab Tundra V8 limited edition."

Manager: "This dude came in here to buy a small fish hook and you sold him a truck and boat!!!?

Jimbo: "No sir, he actually came in here to buy some tampons for his wife, so I told him he might as well go fishing, cause his whole week-end has been fu&*&-up. You don't stock tampons sir?"

Back