Took my dad fishing the weekend

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
Growing up my dad bought me my first fishing rod and reel, bait hooks, cast and catch fish. My parents came to visit us at Christmas and I was tying flys and my dad said he'd like to learn so I got the chance to teach him. I also bought him his first fly rod and taught him to cast. This weekend I got to take my dad out and be with him when he caught his first fish on a fly rod with a fly he tied.

Unfortunately no, we just went out and enjoyed the day (twice). We loaded the car the night before, got our coffee and watched the sun come up on the Red River while we fished.

beerchug.gif
The times you spend with your Dad will bring endless treasures
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

smile.gif
Dad and I had a rocky relationship growing up but we always managed to put aside our differences and go fishing together. I struggle to explain what it means to be able to give back and do for him what he did for me.

very nice, it's great to be able to find a way to make good memories...i told Ms. Semi's son i would take him fishing this summer, i hope it will start a lifetime of experiences like those you share with your dad
thumb_up.gif

thats awesome, enjoy the times together. they are worth more than anything you can buy.
thumb_up.gif

There is nothing like tying your own fly and catching a fish with it. What a great experience to share with your Dad!

Love to fish, just dont have enough time to go and do it anymore. Even got rid of my Bass boat a couple years ago.

The wifey went fishing with her parents in Canada last week. Nice little week long trip full of good times.

Here's the wifes biggest catch

P1040458.JPG

Back