What differences between Gen I and Gen II

I have Both. The ONLY thing that I like better about my Gen I is that it has a Turbo. The ONLY thing that I dislike about my Gen II is that it doesn't have a Turbo YET! :laugh:

Have to say that from my gen 1 to my gen 2 the braking out of the crate is significantly improved, the throttle response is much better, the overall ride seems much smoother and better balanced as well. I had to do a lot of work to my Gen 1 k4 to make it feel right to me, where as my Gen 2 K11 has felt just right since we unpacked her from the crate. I much prefer the integrated tail ilghts on my gen 2 and think the tail section is much sexier than the bulky mess on my gen 1. I do miss the larger scale trunk though and am thinking hard of doing that mod to the gen 2 this winter when I strip her down for bolt on parts installation.

I knew it, forgot about the fast idle being gone on the Gen II , I know they'll be others :laugh:

I'll try to remember but will probably forget the majority of the improvements. added 41cc , went from 4 to 8 fuel injectors, new piston design, pair valve completely changed , undercut tranny ( no more second gear issue ) , headlight assembly improved ( I don't ride in the dark or rain unless I have to, but the headlights from the factory take care of me at night on the Gen II , I had to upgrade to HIDs on my Gen I ) , instrument panel and all plastics completely redesigned. For me the fairings are easier to deal with, they incorporated a lot of snap on elements to replace bolts and push pins. Back to the cluster, we lost the little gas mileage thingy that I really liked, you have a gear indicator, shift light, to name a few, retarded A,B,C mode switch :laugh: The seats were changed and I think the Gen I seats were more comfy ..... I still make 7 - 9 hour rides, The Trunk disappointment, gen I much bigger and better but the hump mod comes from the factory on the Gen II :thumbsup: Tail section and signals complete change, signals became part of the body and the mudflap delete only requires a few push pins vs. dremel. LEDs incorporated, they last for ever .... Brakes improved radial mount up front, different calipers front and aft, smaller lines from factory up front. You never hear that here, but that's my observation. Rear caliper mounted on top v. bottom, slides into swingarm on Gen II. Rear axle nut changed, castle nut with cotter pin on Gen I, self tightening nut on Gen II. Newer better Bridgestones from factory but I don't think that really matters. Different front axle arrangement up front. I like it better. Rectifier relocated from tail section to belly pan / wing. Fork springs were improved.

This isn't anything but my opinion, but the bike stops better, corners better, and has more acceleration than my Gen I, and I don't have any false shifts. The headlights are adequate for me at night. I loved my Gen I but I really love my Gen II. 36K trouble free miles on the '06 and now 36K trouble free miles on my '08.

Don't forget.........My Gen2 gets at least 4 mpg better on UK gallons (UK gallon has 8 pints not 6 as in US):laugh:

Have to say that from my gen 1 to my gen 2 the braking out of the crate is significantly improved, the throttle response is much better, the overall ride seems much smoother and better balanced as well. I had to do a lot of work to my Gen 1 k4 to make it feel right to me, where as my Gen 2 K11 has felt just right since we unpacked her from the crate. I much prefer the integrated tail ilghts on my gen 2 and think the tail section is much sexier than the bulky mess on my gen 1. I do miss the larger scale trunk though and am thinking hard of doing that mod to the gen 2 this winter when I strip her down for bolt on parts installation.

:thumbsup:

Let me say that overall if I had my choice of a Gen I or a Gen II out of the crate, I would pick the Gen II any day of the week! :yes: BY THE WAY....I LOVE THE GEN II TAIL!!!!!

By throttle response do you mean smoother to turn the handle, or do you mean the response of the engine is smoother?

I knew it, forgot about the fast idle being gone on the Gen II , I know they'll be others :laugh:

Really, no fast idle. It's set up more like a new car then. Don't touch the throttle and it starts right up. Ever since I got my 05, I wondered why it should need a fast idle lever--just as long as Toyota isn't involved with the throttle! :rofl:

This really depends on the color if you get a white model you will notice a major increase in power! All other colors no big difference

Back