What differences between Gen I and Gen II

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I have an 05. A gen I.

If I had a Gen II, what differences would I like or dislike?

Floyd

the tail....you may dislike at first. All the rest, WINNING :)

WARNING: every time a Gen I vs Gen II thread comes up............ :please:

more power an uglier tail section and a factory shift light... and a way to make it slower with a switch on the handlebar :poke: :laugh:

more power an uglier tail section and a factory shift light... and a way to make it slower with a switch on the handlebar :poke: :laugh:

You mean less power and a not as attractive tail section(gen I). The useless shift light is for folks that have a use for the ABC mode switch, aka people upgrading from a gen I...:laugh:

:kiss:Manny

Gen 2 is easy to tune if you go turbo, but will make less hp on stock internals when turbo'ing. The rake of the frame is different, resulting in less stability at speed. This can be corrected by lowering the rear just a tick. The gen 2 has 8 injectors and can be tuned to support 360 hp IF turbo'd. The gen 2 will add 2 to your sexy number (see attached conversion scale chart).

SEXY NUMBER-

Gen 1 Hayabusa---------------------Gen 2 Hayabusa

2--------------------------------------------------4
3--------------------------------------------------5
4--------------------------------------------------6
5--------------------------------------------------7
6--------------------------------------------------8
7--------------------------------------------------9
8-------------------------------------------------10
9-------------------------------------------------11*
10------------------------------------------------12**

*My current ranking. Only valid when I wear my matching Suzuki pants.
**Theoreticle rating only, has not been achieved

I like the tail?
Big bright tailight keeps granny from plowing over me.
GenI had a useless brake light for SoFla.

I'll try to remember but will probably forget the majority of the improvements. added 41cc , went from 4 to 8 fuel injectors, new piston design, pair valve completely changed , undercut tranny ( no more second gear issue ) , headlight assembly improved ( I don't ride in the dark or rain unless I have to, but the headlights from the factory take care of me at night on the Gen II , I had to upgrade to HIDs on my Gen I ) , instrument panel and all plastics completely redesigned. For me the fairings are easier to deal with, they incorporated a lot of snap on elements to replace bolts and push pins. Back to the cluster, we lost the little gas mileage thingy that I really liked, you have a gear indicator, shift light, to name a few, retarded A,B,C mode switch :laugh: The seats were changed and I think the Gen I seats were more comfy ..... I still make 7 - 9 hour rides, The Trunk disappointment, gen I much bigger and better but the hump mod comes from the factory on the Gen II :thumbsup: Tail section and signals complete change, signals became part of the body and the mudflap delete only requires a few push pins vs. dremel. LEDs incorporated, they last for ever .... Brakes improved radial mount up front, different calipers front and aft, smaller lines from factory up front. You never hear that here, but that's my observation. Rear caliper mounted on top v. bottom, slides into swingarm on Gen II. Rear axle nut changed, castle nut with cotter pin on Gen I, self tightening nut on Gen II. Newer better Bridgestones from factory but I don't think that really matters. Different front axle arrangement up front. I like it better. Rectifier relocated from tail section to belly pan / wing. Fork springs were improved.

This isn't anything but my opinion, but the bike stops better, corners better, and has more acceleration than my Gen I, and I don't have any false shifts. The headlights are adequate for me at night. I loved my Gen I but I really love my Gen II. 36K trouble free miles on the '06 and now 36K trouble free miles on my '08.

Gen2 has 7,000 more hp and is way better looking. Esp in black.

That is all..

This. Just sayin'.

Take your pick.

8162615354_a61268d511_b.jpg

7873224800_7423700cfd_b.jpg

I'll try to remember but will probably forget the majority of the improvements. added 41cc , went from 4 to 8 fuel injectors, new piston design, pair valve completely changed , undercut tranny ( no more second gear issue ) , headlight assembly improved ( I don't ride in the dark or rain unless I have to, but the headlights from the factory take care of me at night on the Gen II , I had to upgrade to HIDs on my Gen I ) , instrument panel and all plastics completely redesigned. For me the fairings are easier to deal with, they incorporated a lot of snap on elements to replace bolts and push pins. Back to the cluster, we lost the little gas mileage thingy that I really liked, you have a gear indicator, shift light, to name a few, retarded A,B,C mode switch :laugh: The seats were changed and I think the Gen I seats were more comfy ..... I still make 7 - 9 hour rides, The Trunk disappointment, gen I much bigger and better but the hump mod comes from the factory on the Gen II :thumbsup: Tail section and signals complete change, signals became part of the body and the mudflap delete only requires a few push pins vs. dremel. LEDs incorporated, they last for ever .... Brakes improved radial mount up front, different calipers front and aft, smaller lines from factory up front. You never hear that here, but that's my observation. Rear caliper mounted on top v. bottom, slides into swingarm on Gen II. Rear axle nut changed, castle nut with cotter pin on Gen I, self tightening nut on Gen II. Newer better Bridgestones from factory but I don't think that really matters. Different front axle arrangement up front. I like it better. Rectifier relocated from tail section to belly pan / wing. Fork springs were improved.

This isn't anything but my opinion, but the bike stops better, corners better, and has more acceleration than my Gen I, and I don't have any false shifts. The headlights are adequate for me at night. I loved my Gen I but I really love my Gen II. 36K trouble free miles on the '06 and now 36K trouble free miles on my '08.

That's a really good summary. I was curious what people thought as they got used to the Gen 2s.

TI valves in gen 2. they dont dissapate the heat like steel valves do. not so good for turbo application. and the tail is ugly

By TI I'm guessing you mean titanium. I've always thought the butts were ugly.

What's this A-B-C switch, some kind of power lowering device? That seems odd. No one who is not used to the power should be riding a Busa. Sounds like training wheels.

Kromdom, that is a very interesting comparison. Overall, I don't see that much difference. The weight went up a few pounds, the gas tank capacity went down a bit, the hp went up as well as the compression. The length increase by 10mm and the wheel base shrunk 10mm.

The tires changed, but I'm assuming you could put the Gen2 tires on a Gen1. The battery capacity increased, probably to turn over the engine with increased compression. I would think that the dual rail fuel injection helped with the hp.

I would have thought the differences would have been greater. I guess it's better than just changing colors.

Back